For those looking for a CCTV set up

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I have bought one with a solar panel to charge it, from amazon. ctronics Solar Powered Battery Security Camera System (well that's what it says on the box). I only got it today and charged it prior to attaching it to a fence post. I have an EE mobile wifi box (which I have attached to a solar power charger, in a disused stable to avoid rain) and so far I am very impressed :). It is an upgrade to our existing battery operated camera system, which has to keep coming in to re-charge.
If people are interested I shall update this thread as time passes :)

YorksG

Visit site
An update, as promised :) I am really pleased with the camera, it has remained charged with it's own solar panel. It is clear, both during the day and at night (I can tell which sheep has triggered it!) I have bought another one for a different location in the field, as if they are ok in this weather, then they are pretty good :)

Reacher

Visit site
I would like to set up a system but get befuddled by the technology. Our WiFi does not extend to the stables so I’d have to get this mobile WiFi thingy

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
My set up has an aerial on the side of the stables facing the house and a receiving one on the side of the house wired into the router.

The_Shetland_Collector

Visit site
Sorry to chip in with another question! Are you signed up to a plan with the EE mobile WiFi box? I wanted to put an installation like this in place but was worried what the cost would be for the internet :)

YorksG

Visit site
I can't put the link in, because I use my phone for amazon shopping and am putting this on with the tablet, but if you put the name in from the first post in the thread, it will come up :)
We have the outside box on an EE plan, we also have our (more) "normal" broadband via a mobile box from EE (our phone line blew down so many times that we gave up!). The outside box is 5 gig and I think it's about a tenner a month, I run 5 cameras from it and always have spare data.

zax

New User
Visit site
I have bought one with a solar panel to charge it, from amazon. ctronics Solar Powered Battery Security Camera System (well that's what it says on the box). I only got it today and charged it prior to attaching it to a fence post. I have an EE mobile wifi box (which I have attached to a solar power charger, in a disused stable to avoid rain) and so far I am very impressed :). It is an upgrade to our existing battery operated camera system, which has to keep coming in to re-charge.
If people are interested I shall update this thread as time passes :)

How are you finding it after the first couple of weeks, please?

Hollychops

Visit site
I am interested in how effective the solar panel is for charging the camera? I have a solar powered light for the garden and unless it sits in direct sunlight and the brightness is sufficient it wont charge the batteries in the light!

YorksG

Visit site
They are working well, staying charged up to at least 75% even though we have not had good weather. I am very pleased with them. The solar plates are all south facing, they have not needed touching since I put them up :) I have just received the third one this morning :) I'm not putting it up today though, as it is snowing and I don't want to climb on the stable roof in snow ! It will cover the back of the building and a part of the field we can't see from the house or the yard.