For those who use EDT's please read

hobgoblin

Visit site
The RCVS are trying to limit procedures carried out by registered EDT's for example removal of wolf teeth, so veterinary surgeons would be the only people allowed to do this
I value the services of my EDT as I'm sure many of you do, therefore could I ask that you take the time to sign this petition?
I can't post a link as I'm on my phone, however if you go to
www.wwaed.com
It will quickly direct you to the petition, it's very easy to do and takes about 30 seconds
Many thanks from a happy EDT customer :)

weebarney

Visit site
my dentist was out recently and he seemed to think the change is a good thing, I think its to stop people who arent properly qualified or something.

Goldenstar

Visit site
There's no way I would sign this Petition having bought a horse with a major issue caused by a EDT removing a tooth badly I would only say its about time.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
No, I don't agree with the petition either, while I have had some highly trained EDT's, I would not expect them to carry out procedures that they are not equipped to do.

I prefer to use EDT,s and respect the fact that they have requested a vet when necessary. They are excellent at what they do, but surgeon's and anesthetist's, they aren't.

EventingMum

Visit site
This petition is really misleading - please do not sign it. The BAEDT, BEVA, BVDA, RCVS, LANTRA and DEFRA have been working to develop National Occupational Standards for EDTS which if sucessful will hopefully lead to the passing of an exemption order to the Veterinary Surgeons Act which will in turn protect horses and their owners by reinforcing the fact that only suitably qualified EDTs and vets are allowed to carry out dental care and treatments and will make it easier to identify unqualified individuals. Unfortunately the WWAED is not in agreement with the aforementioned organisations and so have launched this petition. If the proposals are not sucessfull LANTRA and DEFRA have said they do not have the resources to revisit this issue and so a valuable opportunity will have been lost for the foreseeable future.