forget friday the 13th

leanne123

Visit site
i've had 1 of those days today where every thing goes wrong.
couldn't ride this morning as stallion was turned out in the school. so put alfie out.
goes to cheak on the colts at a different yard to find littlemans eye infected again, so had to go home for eye cream, cotton wool and warm water to bathe it. only just finnished this when i get a call to say alfies got a big leg while out in the field. so go back to the other yard to bring him in. hes not lame but his back leg is swollen on the outside 3 small wounds half way up his leg. so i hose this down while he has a feed and i stuck a couple of bute in there. he dosn't mind you touching it but there is heat where the swelling is but luckly not around his joint or foot.
so i take off his new rug thats been ripped to shreds while hes been out all of 1 hour, cheak him over and hes got a wound just under his armpit so i clean this off.
he not really happy being in the stable so put him another rug on and turned him back out, by this time all the others had come in to be rode so he was only out with 1 other horse grazing happly when i let him.
but tommorrow what do i do when they turn the others out with him and the old mare again?
the other 2 horses are normally in a different paddock so i know hes been fighting with the gelding but there paddock is waterlogged so being rested. they've got to go in the same field tommorrow but i don't want alfie in there, so i thought i'd bring him in while they go out and then turn him out at night. what do you guys think?

Tinkerbee

Visit site
same....roscoes shoe twisted half off riding up from the fiel. had tp perform emergency DIY farriery services at a blind corner. he couldnt walk and tried to flag down a builders van who may have had a pliers but nooo....
and then spent an HOUR trying to catch Custer in time for a lesson...and then thyme wacked his head of his stable door frame....