Forum Member Roxana...

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
I completely missed the Billy thing but have since read the thread...I became a a bit skeptical of the Sendero threads when I saw the 'Autumn pics' thread (sorry don't have link to hand) because of the fact that not only were they taken for a bridle advertising campaign, the girl pictured was clearly a professional model...so I wondered if she/someone was doing a bit of stealth advertising...but now you come to mention it, wasn't there some fancy bridle make involved in the Billy saga too?? The same make? Or am I now completely in conspiracy-theory la-la-land??!!! :confused:
But I did also notice the whole thing was a bit 'aspirational' - someone asked her where she got her boots from and she was quick back with the answer...I know this does genuinely happen on threads but when I saw the 'modelling' type pix I began to suspect advertising-by-stealth quite frankly...:rolleyes:
anyhoo, its keeping us all entertained, and the horse is flamin' gorgeous! Who wouldn't want to play 'fantasy stables' with him???? ;)

asyouwish

Visit site
This is a very sad thread :( I cant believe someone would pretend to be someone else and steal someone elses pictures or take pictures from a catalogue, or have I read that wrong?, to pretend to have this lovely horse.

I went back and read the thread in question and I think it is sad that so many people will now feel like idiots for defending the poster about the whole hat thing and plraising her horse and her riding. :(

rowy

Visit site
But I did also notice the whole thing was a bit 'aspirational' - someone asked her where she got her boots from and she was quick back with the answer...I know this does genuinely happen on threads but when I saw the 'modelling' type pix I began to suspect advertising-by-stealth quite frankly...:rolleyes:
anyhoo, its keeping us all entertained, and the horse is flamin' gorgeous! Who wouldn't want to play 'fantasy stables' with him???? ;)

ermmm *cough* that was me *blushes*.
To be honest I was surprised at how quickly she replied!

hest

Visit site
Ye gads!
I've just finally got round to joining the most excellent HHO forum in order to post my own query on another thread about calmers, and I have just stumbled upon this thread.
My learning curve is steep - I didn't even understand properly what an internet troll was until I read all this. Now I think I geddit. Words fail me. Either Roxana is a very sad person or she having a right old laugh with her friends over this ........
But I did get some really useful help today about calmers for horses, so I'm not entirely put off joining the forum!

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
ermmm *cough* that was me *blushes*.
To be honest I was surprised at how quickly she replied!

No, fair enough - I was coveting them myself! In fact when she jumped back at you with the answer I did take a look to see how much they are!! And discovered, unsurprisingly that they are indeed 'aspirational' - ie out of my price-range!!!!! ;)
It would be a clever viral advertising method though..make someone seem envy-inducing then you feel like you want things they've got! Or maybe that's just sad ol' me ! :eek:

CalllyH

Visit site
Sorry Hest - welcome! you get useful advice in here but occasional the odd nutcase pops up for our entertainment on a quiet monday night!

georgiegirl

Visit site
im just completely shell shocked as to why on earth anyone would do this? I knew there were plenty of nutters in this world but jeeze......

Always Henesy

Visit site
Where is Roxana?
If this was me I would have been straight on to this post.

Sadly it is looking quite likely that she is a troll.

There are so many things that don't add up here.

I will stand by the fact that the horse is stunning and whoever owns him (Roxana/Kathleen/Winston Churchill/The Queen) is very lucky

Megan_T

Visit site
Well, that's just seen off 35 minutes off my life :) Reading and getting my head round all of this!

How sad it is when general numpties and average-joe's like us are put off posting pictures of our wonderful (but distinctly average ;) ) beasties for fear of some headcase stealing them and pretending that they're in the running for the 2012 GB Dressage Team?

What a very sad thing and thinking about it, probably not especially unusual. It's all too easy to hide behind the tinterweb and pretend to be someone you're not (I'm actually an incredibly successful underwear model but prefer not to boast about it, so pretend to be a 5"8, 11 stone, tree trunk thighed monster).

I'm sure she'll be back and as long as we keep up our little investigative team that we've got going on, more and more people will pick up on it quicker each time and she'll probably get bored.

Now, I'm off to find some pictures of a nice hairy, coloured cob to pretend that it's mine....

Jesstickle

Visit site
No, fair enough - I was coveting them myself! In fact when she jumped back at you with the answer I did take a look to see how much they are!! And discovered, unsurprisingly that they are indeed 'aspirational' - ie out of my price-range!!!!! ;)

They're nice but not £400 pound nice. Who spends that on boots ?! :eek:

She may be the biggest troll in the world but the horse is stunning so I'm still glad she popped by :)

hest

Visit site
CallyH: Tks for the welcome. You sound normal at least!! I am so glad to hear that this isn't the usual Monday night discussion. Blimey, top that though......

But saddo that I am, I too had clocked 'Roxana's' gawjus boots and established by a simple Google search that they weren't what she said they were......

This whole forum is so addictive! I have a load of washing to do, a husband to pay some attention to and a phone call to make, and instead I have just managed to spend an hour (plus) on the H&H forum discovering useful info on calmers and some less useful info on mad people. I think I need to deregister quickly before it takes over my life!

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
They're nice but not £400 pound nice. Who spends that on boots ?! :eek:

She may be the biggest troll in the world but the horse is stunning so I'm still glad she popped by :)

Haha, exactly, you could get a horse for the same money in certain parts!!

And yes, I don't think anyone should feel bad that they admired the beautiful horse or responded to her threads...he is amazing ;)

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
CallyH: Tks for the welcome. You sound normal at least!! I am so glad to hear that this isn't the usual Monday night discussion. Blimey, top that though......

But saddo that I am, I too had clocked 'Roxana's' gawjus boots and established by a simple Google search that they weren't what she said they were......

This whole forum is so addictive! I have a load of washing to do, a husband to pay some attention to and a phone call to make, and instead I have just managed to spend an hour (plus) on the H&H forum discovering useful info on calmers and some less useful info on mad people. I think I need to deregister quickly before it takes over my life!

Too late m'duck, too late :cool:

:D:D:D

Jesstickle

Visit site

You can't deregister! Mwah ha ha. You have to have your account deleted if you want to go away!

Just so you know :p :D

MerrySherryRider

Visit site

As Mrs M says, its too late. You belong to us now. Unless of course you happen to own a PRE stallion and happen to be incredibly beautiful....

Megan_T

Visit site
Oh my days, please don't confuse me with all this talk of boots!

I've just spent another 30minutes finding my ideal horse to cybernap - now you're telling me I have to find some fancy boots too just to add to the effect? Lordy, this is getting difficult. I don't know how this girl does it ;)