Foxhill Spencers Wood

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Hi Millhouse- I remember those branches in the woods could be tricky. I think you were best off parting company with Bonny that day and then at least you got some good tuition from David. Gosh, poor Jo! I can imagine how heartbreaking that would be. There was a horse at Bearwood Stables called Trigger. He had lost an eye, but it didn’t seem to affect him too much. He was a brilliant pony. If I come across anymore information I will post it here. Please do the same, it’s wonderful reading the old stories. Lizzy

I just remembered - my favourite at Bearwood was Charlie Brown ?

millhouse

Visit site
Wonderful Lizzy & Mr. Lizzy!!!

Yes, that's Ann as I remember her. I recall her wearing that riding mac too.

To be honest, as to whether that was taken at Foxhill I do not know. The trees appear very mature and akin to those at Whiteknights. There are some marvellous specimens in the Park. I'll transfer the picture over to Documents and play with it - see what it brings up! As for the horse, can't say I recognise it at all. Bud would be the only one I could liken it to, but Bud was purchased circa 1962/3, if I recall correctly, he was called by another name originally, but David changed it. I'm not honestly certain that I have the name correct either - I believe he was renamed Bud. I rode him on occasions for David, but he was unshod, so had to be on grass only. He was sizeable - I would say 16hh at least. A chestnut bay colour, and his coat was long (very wintery) when he was purchased. I do recall he had a blaze on his face. I've a feeling David didn't keep Bud long - again, not a popular ride. Great pity, another gentle fella.

I'll also transfer over your Dad's photo of you at Sindlesham.

Thanks to you both.

Millhouse

millhouse

Visit site
Hi Lizzy

I had a good look at the photo of Ann, well mainly the horse! This is completely out of the top of my head but .....

that horse reminds me of the horse I call Bud!!! If you look at the mane, it is the right colouring for a chestnut bay - more chestnut than bay! He's the right size, has the blaze, big feet, which I distinctly remember, and that docile (almost sleepy) look about him. I can recall white on his legs, but I can't honestly say he had four white socks.

I am wondering if Ann Pithers may have purchased Bud from David. It's just the year that I am finding odd - it doesn't fit!

As to where the photo was taken - that's a difficult one! The trees indicate it may have been Foxhill, and what appears to be wire netting in the background would fit. I believe the whole of the road alongside the Lake was heavy duty wire netting. The Lake was entirely visual from the road as you passed by.

That little outbuilding!!! I am working on that one! I am also trying to visualize where that car was parked. Looks like a Triumph Herald to me.

Ricky then was a skewbald I see? There were no skewbalds at Foxhill in my time, so I would not have known Ricky.

Just a thought .....

did Ann ever own a horse? Just wondering if David may have purchased Bud from Ann. Ann had all the riding gear, riding mac, the lot! Generally this is an indication that person had a good deal to do with horses, and may indeed have been an owner. Would your Mum remember?

Good fun this isn't it???

Millhouse

LizzyW

Visit site
Hi Lizzy

I had a good look at the photo of Ann, well mainly the horse! This is completely out of the top of my head but .....

that horse reminds me of the horse I call Bud!!! If you look at the mane, it is the right colouring for a chestnut bay - more chestnut than bay! He's the right size, has the blaze, big feet, which I distinctly remember, and that docile (almost sleepy) look about him. I can recall white on his legs, but I can't honestly say he had four white socks.

I am wondering if Ann Pithers may have purchased Bud from David. It's just the year that I am finding odd - it doesn't fit!

As to where the photo was taken - that's a difficult one! The trees indicate it may have been Foxhill, and what appears to be wire netting in the background would fit. I believe the whole of the road alongside the Lake was heavy duty wire netting. The Lake was entirely visual from the road as you passed by.

That little outbuilding!!! I am working on that one! I am also trying to visualize where that car was parked. Looks like a Triumph Herald to me.

Ricky then was a skewbald I see? There were no skewbalds at Foxhill in my time, so I would not have known Ricky.

Just a thought .....

did Ann ever own a horse? Just wondering if David may have purchased Bud from Ann. Ann had all the riding gear, riding mac, the lot! Generally this is an indication that person had a good deal to do with horses, and may indeed have been an owner. Would your Mum remember?

Good fun this isn't it???

Millhouse
Millhouse- yes great fun! Like being a detective ...?. I can’t check with my mum as she died some time ago. Ann may well have owned the horse, she certainly does looked well turned out. I can’t think where she would have kept it though. Re the car- We both agree it’s a Triumph Herald.

yes Ricky was a Skewbald. He was beautiful, but naughty. I loved riding Silver, he was such a lovely ride. I think he had Arab in him. I am hoping my friend may have a picture of me riding him( fingers crossed and watch this space. ?
Maybe someone else reading this may remember.

millhouse

Visit site
Hi Lizzy

Sorry Lizzy - about your Mum!

The more I look at that photo and zoom in on it, the more I believe that is the horse I call Bud. When I first started to record some of my memories of Foxhill, I could never be certain of whether I had the name right for the horse I called Bud. I also can't recall his original name. Not like me, as I've got a fair memory. Maybe his original name was Bud, and David changed it to something else.

Yes, Ann did look well turned out. I only wish my riding attire had been better in those days, but my Parents weren't well off. I had to acquire what I could by way of Christmas and Birthday presents, and make do. I remember David kitting me out with some jods, and I went home wearing them. My Mother was appalled - quite cross really! She told me to take them off and I was sent back with them the next day. Luckily Christmas was near and they bought me my first pair of jods for Christmas.

Now I have all the riding gear and no horse to ride!!!

Hope you get a photo of Silver, and maybe some of the others too. I would love to see Bonny again. I ought to try and scan some of the old black and white photos onto the computer and upload them. I've got one very nice photo of Bonny the very first time I rode her, with Ann Cook in it. She took me down to my Parents' house so they could see, and I suppose it was my Dad who took the photograph. Bonny had her full mane in those days, but it was so unruly - it parted in the middle. One day David decided to shave it back. She never looked the same again - always somewhat stern in the face.

Millhouse

LizzyW

Visit site
Hi Lizzy

Sorry Lizzy - about your Mum!

The more I look at that photo and zoom in on it, the more I believe that is the horse I call Bud. When I first started to record some of my memories of Foxhill, I could never be certain of whether I had the name right for the horse I called Bud. I also can't recall his original name. Not like me, as I've got a fair memory. Maybe his original name was Bud, and David changed it to something else.

Yes, Ann did look well turned out. I only wish my riding attire had been better in those days, but my Parents weren't well off. I had to acquire what I could by way of Christmas and Birthday presents, and make do. I remember David kitting me out with some jods, and I went home wearing them. My Mother was appalled - quite cross really! She told me to take them off and I was sent back with them the next day. Luckily Christmas was near and they bought me my first pair of jods for Christmas.

Now I have all the riding gear and no horse to ride!!!

Hope you get a photo of Silver, and maybe some of the others too. I would love to see Bonny again. I ought to try and scan some of the old black and white photos onto the computer and upload them. I've got one very nice photo of Bonny the very first time I rode her, with Ann Cook in it. She took me down to my Parents' house so they could see, and I suppose it was my Dad who took the photograph. Bonny had her full mane in those days, but it was so unruly - it parted in the middle. One day David decided to shave it back. She never looked the same again - always somewhat stern in the face.

Millhouse
Millhouse- I was the youngest of 4 and mum had me when she was 40, so she has been dead for a while now. Like your parents mine we also not wealthy. They were bringing my sister’s and brother up during the war. Looking back I wonder how they managed to give me the money for riding once a week. I guess I was lucky.
Bud , if that’s his name, looks unshod in that picture. I was speaking to my brother in law today and he remembers the small holding you talked about. He also said David owes him a bottle of whiskey! Apparently David grazed his horses down in Eversley at one time. One of the horses got stuck in the Blackwater river and he helped him get it out. He said he was covered in mud and soaking wet as David bid him farewell with the promise of a reward! Lol

When I first rode Bonny she had a hogged mane, and it did make her look stern. She was a beautiful pony though, but my riding was not really up to handling her or molly then. I would love to see those pictures if you are able to scan them. Lizzy

millhouse

Visit site
Hi Lizzy

I'll have another zoomed-in look at that photo later on. I didn't think to look to see if he was shod. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that is Bud. He had a gangly look about him, as does that horse in the photograph.

I had to use my pocket money for riding. Luckily my Brother and I received extra pocket money from a dear Aunt who adored my Brother (and tolerated me!!!). She and my Uncle had no children of their own, so tended to adopt us as their own from time to time. She and Uncle George would help out with my Parents, as they were close and knew finances were tight. The remainder of the family were somewhat better off - much better off!

My Mum would have been nearly 40 when I arrived on the scene too. Dad was in WWii in North Africa. They married immediately upon his return from the war. Hence, two late babies. Mum was one of six. Dad was the only member of the family who was conscripted in WWii. Mum always said that is where the others made their money! Anyway, at least Dad survived, but he spent nearly five years in the desert, with poor quality rationing and no vitamins. It took it's toll on his health.

David had horses stabled or turned out in a number of locations in and around Berkshire. I never got to see them all, but I was aware a number were being used for filming. He had horses over at Hurst.

Isn't that weird about your Brother-in-Law??? Fancy that!

I last saw David in The Old Elm Tree PH at Beech Hill. It would have been 1978/9. We never got to speak that evening as we were both in separate parties, but I know he recognised me, and we kept eyeing each other. I now so wish I had been bold enough to go over an speak with him.

It came as a great shock to me when I heard of David's untimely demise. I had been sorting through old photographs and was thinking of making contact with him in order to show him some of the photos of old 'Foxhill'.

Lizzy, I was thinking hard last night - but I don't know whether I am right - was there another large house at the top of the track between the fields? It would have been situate on the righthand side of the track where the track bends round at the top. It would not have been visual from the bottom of the track - (hope I'm making sense). If I am right, it was not occupied. Thinking about that Gatehouse on Whiteknights Road it makes sense to me that there would be a sizeable residence along that track. I just seem to vaguely recall the house - I don't know why.

Since I've had my new Printer I've not tried scanning to the Computer on it. I'll see if I can have a look at this some time.

millhouse

Visit site
Lizzy

I just looked at that photo again. You are right, he's unshod. That has got to be Bud. It's just too much of a coincidence.

Now all I want is for someone to come up with his name, as I'm fairly certain I have not got this right. I so remember the smaller horse (pony actually) who was bought around the same time as Bud. They were very similar in colouring and coat. That was Rusty, and I have a photograph of him on a very foggy Christmas afternoon when I rode him down to my Parents' house.

Millhouse

LizzyW

Visit site
Hi Lizzy

I'll have another zoomed-in look at that photo later on. I didn't think to look to see if he was shod. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that is Bud. He had a gangly look about him, as does that horse in the photograph.

I had to use my pocket money for riding. Luckily my Brother and I received extra pocket money from a dear Aunt who adored my Brother (and tolerated me!!!). She and my Uncle had no children of their own, so tended to adopt us as their own from time to time. She and Uncle George would help out with my Parents, as they were close and knew finances were tight. The remainder of the family were somewhat better off - much better off!

My Mum would have been nearly 40 when I arrived on the scene too. Dad was in WWii in North Africa. They married immediately upon his return from the war. Hence, two late babies. Mum was one of six. Dad was the only member of the family who was conscripted in WWii. Mum always said that is where the others made their money! Anyway, at least Dad survived, but he spent nearly five years in the desert, with poor quality rationing and no vitamins. It took it's toll on his health.

David had horses stabled or turned out in a number of locations in and around Berkshire. I never got to see them all, but I was aware a number were being used for filming. He had horses over at Hurst.

Isn't that weird about your Brother-in-Law??? Fancy that!

I last saw David in The Old Elm Tree PH at Beech Hill. It would have been 1978/9. We never got to speak that evening as we were both in separate parties, but I know he recognised me, and we kept eyeing each other. I now so wish I had been bold enough to go over an speak with him.

It came as a great shock to me when I heard of David's untimely demise. I had been sorting through old photographs and was thinking of making contact with him in order to show him some of the photos of old 'Foxhill'.

Lizzy, I was thinking hard last night - but I don't know whether I am right - was there another large house at the top of the track between the fields? It would have been situate on the righthand side of the track where the track bends round at the top. It would not have been visual from the bottom of the track - (hope I'm making sense). If I am right, it was not occupied. Thinking about that Gatehouse on Whiteknights Road it makes sense to me that there would be a sizeable residence along that track. I just seem to vaguely recall the house - I don't know why.

Since I've had my new Printer I've not tried scanning to the Computer on it. I'll see if I can have a look at this some time.
Millhouse- yes there is another large house , which Waterhouse’s parents lived in. It is another listed building at the top of Queens drive, so you would have ridden past it before you were banned! There is also Park House, (now the senior common room) If you face away from Foxhill house and walk in the direction of Pepper lane it is on the right going towards the Wilderness. I can take pictures if you can’t recall. Lizzy

millhouse

Visit site
Further to previous post .....

Speaking off top of my head again, I've a feeling Bud was re-named Trigger. Possibly why I remember him as Bud, as I would have found this distasteful, given Jo's charge was Trigger and had been sold on. Definitely Jo's charge was Trigger - the Dun!

I only wish there was a Member who could put me out of my misery over this horse's name.

I recall your saying Lizzy, you wondered where Ann would have kept the horse, had she owned him. Don't forget she lived very close to open countryside. Three Mile Cross was a short distance away from her with plenty of grazing. Come to that, Whitley Wood was even closer and in those years was open countryside beyond Whitley Wood Road.

We tended to go everywhere on our bikes, and often I would ride out to Three Mile Cross as there was farm land behind Runyard's Petrol Filling Station which held horses and cows. Runyard's was where I first started riding. Mr. Runyard's eldest Daughter (Marion, I believe) took me out a couple of times on Sonny. You could ride down Grazeley Road and then enter the woods and canter all the way back to Basingstoke Road. The Runyard girls had four horses between them, Sonny, Rowney (Sonny's Mother), Friar and Shadow.

There was also a horse that grazed in the field called Danny (Danny Boy). He was owned by a girl that lived behind the Grocery Shop in the Village. I was in love with Danny Boy, but only ever got to sit on his back once. He wasn't for hire. That family moved to Cholsey, so I didn't see Danny Boy ever again, but always thought of him if we travelled through Cholsey.

There's another story here about Danny Boy, which involves Sue (Sue White) David's girlfriend. Sue was the glamorous blonde lady who would sit in the Office taking bookings etc.

I was at school with Sue, although she was possibly four year's my senior. I seem to recall she was in Form 4 when I commenced my Senior School.

Anyway Sue was a lovely girl and stopped several of us younger girls being chased and bullied by some of the older boys in the school. We must have got talking and about horses. Sue brought some photographs for me to see, one of her with two other riders mounted on horses in a field. I remember saying to Sue, 'he looks so like Danny'. Sue said it was Danny, Danny Boy! That is quite amazing.

LizzyW

Visit site
Further to previous post .....

Speaking off top of my head again, I've a feeling Bud was re-named Trigger. Possibly why I remember him as Bud, as I would have found this distasteful, given Jo's charge was Trigger and had been sold on. Definitely Jo's charge was Trigger - the Dun!

I only wish there was a Member who could put me out of my misery over this horse's name.

I recall your saying Lizzy, you wondered where Ann would have kept the horse, had she owned him. Don't forget she lived very close to open countryside. Three Mile Cross was a short distance away from her with plenty of grazing. Come to that, Whitley Wood was even closer and in those years was open countryside beyond Whitley Wood Road.

We tended to go everywhere on our bikes, and often I would ride out to Three Mile Cross as there was farm land behind Runyard's Petrol Filling Station which held horses and cows. Runyard's was where I first started riding. Mr. Runyard's eldest Daughter (Marion, I believe) took me out a couple of times on Sonny. You could ride down Grazeley Road and then enter the woods and canter all the way back to Basingstoke Road. The Runyard girls had four horses between them, Sonny, Rowney (Sonny's Mother), Friar and Shadow.

There was also a horse that grazed in the field called Danny (Danny Boy). He was owned by a girl that lived behind the Grocery Shop in the Village. I was in love with Danny Boy, but only ever got to sit on his back once. He wasn't for hire. That family moved to Cholsey, so I didn't see Danny Boy ever again, but always thought of him if we travelled through Cholsey.

There's another story here about Danny Boy, which involves Sue (Sue White) David's girlfriend. Sue was the glamorous blonde lady who would sit in the Office taking bookings etc.

I was at school with Sue, although she was possibly four year's my senior. I seem to recall she was in Form 4 when I commenced my Senior School.

Anyway Sue was a lovely girl and stopped several of us younger girls being chased and bullied by some of the older boys in the school. We must have got talking and about horses. Sue brought some photographs for me to see, one of her with two other riders mounted on horses in a field. I remember saying to Sue, 'he looks so like Danny'. Sue said it was Danny, Danny Boy! That is quite amazing.
Wow- memories are flooding back. I definitely remember glamorous Sue- you are right she was very kind and kept David in check- lol. I recall Roberts son came on the forum a while back. Shame he can’t ask Roberts he would remember. You are right about the fields around Whitley and Three Mile Cross. I lived off the Basingstoke Road and would walk my dog for miles around all the fields. I found a picture of Old Whiteknights House- you mind remember it.

Attachments

• 303C7F6C-7000-40F7-AD21-8CA8A27016F8.jpeg
    303C7F6C-7000-40F7-AD21-8CA8A27016F8.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4

millhouse

Visit site
I know those two Houses Lizzy, but where I am referring to is the top of that track which goes up from Whiteknights Road by the Lake on the other side of the Lake from Foxhill House - where the Gatehouse is. Maybe you never went up there. I know you rode in the large field by the Lake, and you would have entered the track i'm referring to. The track runs between the large Lakeside field and the Double Field, and would go right up and around to the top of the Double Field where the Smallholding was. I just feel there was a large house at the top of the track. It was unoccupied and rather foreboding looking. I don't know what made me recall this.

LizzyW

Visit site
I know those two Houses Lizzy, but where I am referring to is the top of that track which goes up from Whiteknights Road by the Lake on the other side of the Lake from Foxhill House - where the Gatehouse is. Maybe you never went up there. I know you rode in the large field by the Lake, and you would have entered the track i'm referring to. The track runs between the large Lakeside field and the Double Field, and would go right up and around to the top of the Double Field where the Smallholding was. I just feel there was a large house at the top of the track. It was unoccupied and rather foreboding looking. I don't know what made me recall this.
Ah I think that could be Mockbeggar house, which was opposite the lake on Whiteknights Road. They have knocked it down and build a care home there. It can’t have been listed.

millhouse

Visit site
I don't recall Whiteknights House Lizzy - not looking like that. The houses I recall are the two in the main part of Whiteknights Park - one just up the Queen's Drive from Shinfield Road, and the other situate to the side. I believe one was a museum at one point, when I was a very small child and we would go for a picnic in Whiteknights. My Dad would have known.
Ah I think that could be Mockbeggar house, which was opposite the lake on Whiteknights Road. They have knocked it down and build a care home there. It can’t have been listed.

It could be me Lizzy - maybe my mind is over working on this, but somehow I recall this other house. It would have been in Whiteknights, not the other side of the road. I would imagine, if the house existed, it has been pulled down. It was nowhere near as large, or grand as Foxhill House.

Yes, it's a pity Robert's Son doesn't post any longer. Let's hope he comes back in.

LizzyW

Visit site
I don't recall Whiteknights House Lizzy - not looking like that. The houses I recall are the two in the main part of Whiteknights Park - one just up the Queen's Drive from Shinfield Road, and the other situate to the side. I believe one was a museum at one point, when I was a very small child and we would go for a picnic in Whiteknights. My Dad would have known.

It could be me Lizzy - maybe my mind is over working on this, but somehow I recall this other house. It would have been in Whiteknights, not the other side of the road. I would imagine, if the house existed, it has been pulled down. It was nowhere near as large, or grand as Foxhill House.

Yes, it's a pity Robert's Son doesn't post any longer. Let's hope he comes back in.

The picture I send you is on Queen’s drive. There is another house called Blandford Lodge it is at the Shinfield end of Pepper Land. It’s a grey stone building. (See pic) isn’t it strange I run past it every Saturday! Could it be the one you remember? Yes let’s hope Roberts son sees this. I guess David and Sue didn’t marry.

Attachments

• 286CBC8A-ADB6-488D-95C2-7496B96CEF52.jpeg
    286CBC8A-ADB6-488D-95C2-7496B96CEF52.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 7

millhouse

Visit site
I remember Blandford vaguely Lizzy.

I've just goggled images of Whiteknights House, and it's the front I remember, not as your photo showed it - the back. It's the turret that threw me somewhat. Now I can see it from the front also. It's a grand house.

I'm going to upload a skeletal map of Whiteknights.

The track I am referring to runs on the righthand side of the Lake as you view it from the map.

Attachments

• MAP of WHITEKNIGHTS.png
    MAP of WHITEKNIGHTS.png
    751.6 KB · Views: 3

LizzyW

Visit site
I remember Blandford vaguely Lizzy.

I've just goggled images of Whiteknights House, and it's the front I remember, not as your photo showed it - the back. It's the turret that threw me somewhat. Now I can see it from the front also. It's a grand house.

I'm going to upload a skeletal map of Whiteknights.

The track I am referring to runs on the righthand side of the Lake as you view it from the map.
I’ll get Mr Lizzy on the case he has some old ordnance survey maps.

millhouse

Visit site
That's a great idea Lizzy. I only have the one small map of old Whiteknights. I'll look that out also and see what it brings up. I doubt however it has enough detail.

THE HOUSE from across the LAKE.jpg

Thought you might like this piccie of the House from the field across the Lake.

millhouse

Visit site
My Mother told me the Lake is very deep, and people used to skate on it when it froze over. I believe there have been fatalities in the past from skaters slipping through the broken ice - shudder!!!

millhouse

Visit site
You may like to see this one. It's looking across the Lake to the Large Field, which you will remember. You can see the Hall of Residence in the background which was built on the Double Field, more or less where the Smallholding was.looking across the Lake to the Large Field thumbnail.png

Last edited:

millhouse

Visit site
Oh dear, I hope I am not going to get into trouble over these photos, but the Lake and it's surroundings are so beautiful. Thought those that are following may like to see.

..... 'time for bed' said Zebedee!

LizzyW

Visit site
Oh dear, I hope I am not going to get into trouble over these photos, but the Lake and it's surroundings are so beautiful. Thought those that are following may like to see.

..... 'time for bed' said Zebedee!
Millhouse- i is ok to post them as they are your pictures. It is also a public place. It looks exactly the same today. I regularly walk or run around the lake. Thank goodness the University look after it, otherwise it would be built on. We are so lucky to still have it! I’ll look out that ordnance survey map. It’s very interesting looking back to how it all was. I knew all the houses, but it has now struck me how many listed houses are on that land. It was a very wealthy area. Lizzy

LizzyW

Visit site
I've played with that photograph a little more, and managed to open it up to show more of the Lake. I'll post it again .....View attachment 60832
Millhouse- the gates were open today and you can also see the door Jimmie Kopp would have come through. In what was the double field only Canada geese grazing today! I am sending you also a link to 1899 ordnance survey map. The park was spilt into 6 and there were large houses on each part. The houses were Whiteknights Park, The Wilderness, Erlegh, Foxhill Parkhouse and Blandford Lodge.
https://maps.nls.uk/geo/find/#zoom=...36&layers=101&b=1&z=1&point=51.43940,-0.93876

Attachments

• 10352EA6-7311-40D1-8E22-1C7FCDB99E12.jpeg
    10352EA6-7311-40D1-8E22-1C7FCDB99E12.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 0214ACAD-9B67-4F66-AED7-35CAC6C68703.jpeg
    0214ACAD-9B67-4F66-AED7-35CAC6C68703.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 7

millhouse

Visit site
That's wonderful Lizzy - to see the Stables entrance open again. Yes, that's the gap in the wall which led to the House and where Jimmie and his Brother came into the yard.

I'll transfer the photos over to Documents, as I'm keeping everything in my folder.

I'll try and have a look at that OS Map tomorrow, It's nearly midnight now, and I didn't get to bed until after 3.00 this morning. I'm going to have to curb this habit of burning midnight oil.

I put up the small Christmas Tree this afternoon, and changed the lights over from battery fed to electric. It looks lovely. It's in the Conservatory for the Cats. They love Christmas!

I've got the other larger tree to sort out now, and will probably do that tomorrow. Hope you are getting yourselves prepared, as Santa is on his way. Be good!!!

MH

LizzyW

Visit site
That's wonderful Lizzy - to see the Stables entrance open again. Yes, that's the gap in the wall which led to the House and where Jimmie and his Brother came into the yard.

I'll transfer the photos over to Documents, as I'm keeping everything in my folder.

I'll try and have a look at that OS Map tomorrow, It's nearly midnight now, and I didn't get to bed until after 3.00 this morning. I'm going to have to curb this habit of burning midnight oil.

I put up the small Christmas Tree this afternoon, and changed the lights over from battery fed to electric. It looks lovely. It's in the Conservatory for the Cats. They love Christmas!

I've got the other larger tree to sort out now, and will probably do that tomorrow. Hope you are getting yourselves prepared, as Santa is on his way. Be good!!!

MH
Gosh that is late! A bet the tree looks lovely, going to do ours this afternoon- let me know if the map gives you any clues. Lizzy

millhouse

Visit site
Lizzy

The link takes me to a site where you can purchase OS Maps. It shows a section of an OS Map and Whiteknights Park, but you can't get close enough for any detail. I tried everything I could think of, and it doesn't work for me. Never mind!

I may purchase an OS Map of the area.

I'm going to tackle that 2nd Tree now. It shouldn't take long as I haven't got to change the lights.

I'm sorry but I forgot to mention - I know you asked in a previous post - no, I don't believe David ever married (not certain). He had a Housekeeper at some point. I would love to know if Sue is still around in horsey circles.

I think she and David were an item for some years. David used to visit my Cousin's Jewellery Shop to purchase gifts for a 'certain lady' - I presume it would have been Sue. My dear Aunt used to serve in the shop on occasions, and she must have mentioned me to him. She told me whenever he visited the shop he would immediately ask her how I was.

Don't know why David ended his days in Salisbury.

MH