Foxhunter result - what did you think?

katelarge

Visit site
Managed to catch the coverage on Sky (actually very good coverage, well done Murdoch et al).

The course looked huge and some tricky distances, but not undo-able. I think Bob Ellis was a bit gutted at only getting 2 clears. But well done Laura - what an amazing horse! Also I loved David Condon who came second on Jools - a gorgeous rider, a lower leg to die for. I felt really sorry for the riders who just got 4 faults - Billy Twomey was unlucky. Thought Sjarmette was lovely, there were two gorgeous Heartbreaker horses (Nicole Pavitt I think), and Lughnatousa Raven was the one I'd have tried to ride off in the night on - lovely big Irish girl.

So keep your Sky Plus going, got coverage every night and so far it has run to schedule (ya boo sucks Eurosport) and has struck the right note of horsiness and popularism - like interviewing Ellen Whitaker, who is such a poster girl, but I never realised how nice she is!

paintsplat05

Visit site
Laura's produced that horse beautifully she rode a brilliant round! it's so unfair that so many showjumpers are so talented and so darned pretty:share it around!!!!!

Peanot

Visit site
But as the commentator said, couldn`t you tell David had come from a top yard as he rode brilliantly. Very quiet and in a lovely rhythm, whereas a couple of them were riding in what seemed desperation!
I know that they were in the limelight and wanted to make a good impression, and so would most of us in that situation, but you could tell that the pressure was on.
Well done to them all, it was a horrible distance from the double. In the same situation, I don`t know what I`d have gone for, as my mare is unpredictable with her strides. You have to be pretty quick thinking on that one.

Twiglet

Visit site
Laura's a local girl, and a nice one at that.
Well done to her, she's a fab rider and she adores her horses.
Didn't see the class, work are being boring and not allowing me to watch HOYS, spoilsports!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i was at HOYS and watching it, and the turn from the double to the purple spread was actually very difficult. they originally had it quite a bit smaller but put it higher at the last minute. they had to ride 4 strides to clear it, the ones doing it on three all had it down. although i must admit, some of the 4 faulters where extreamly unlucky.

dieseldog

Visit site
I saw Laura last year win the Newcomer 2nd round at Bicton on that horse and it did handstands for her, very impressive.

xjeebsx

New User
Visit site
Ant condon beat me in a fox a few weeks ago- him 1st me 2nd! rude boy! lol! only joking, hes an immense rider and really dedicated. shame he couldnt quite get that right stride- would have been close me thinks.
Nickys Larino was yummy lol

x