Free Cushings test question

Fruitcake

Visit site
Has anyone used the voucher? If so, which test is it? Is it the ACTH only test or the ACTH, insulin and glucose test? I e-mailed Boehringer to ask but the reply only directed me to download the voucher.

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
The vets just called with my results (he doesn't have it, phew). The results were v. quick - his bloods were only taken last Friday.

They only test for ACTH by the sounds of what the vet on the phone said to me - she only gave me a result for ACTH.

Oberon

Visit site
The test is for ACTH only. They are being sponsored by the drug company who makes Prascend, so you can understand why ;)

I used the voucher when I had Obi tested last month.

Vet took his blood on the Thursday morning (took the vet 30 seconds).

Vet phoned me on the Friday afternoon with the results (ACTH should be 29 this time of year - my old boy's was 200!).

He started on the medication on the Saturday :)

Well worth it. He needed testing anyway (I had a hunch) and this just prompted me into action sooner.

Bertolie

Visit site
They don't have to be starved for the ACTH test. I had my 19 year old tested during the last free test promotion - thankfully negative :) The ACTH level should be 29 or below for this time of year and the results are usually back next day. Be aware that its only the lab testing that is free, you will still have to pay for vet to come out and cost of taking bloods.