Free jumping my horse for the first time!

rachelha

Visit site
I tried free jumping my horse for the first time last week - she was a bit confused at first but once it clicked with her i just stood in the middle of the school whilst she did her thing!

She is a super pony and she has a fab jump when she tries, she was popping 1.15 from trot like it was nothing :)

This year i WILL get her out to shows!

Here is the vid: http://youtu.be/Fv-bu1reJ5s

381643_10150553716306796_587846795_11021516_887722548_n.jpg

icyfreya

Visit site
Aww she's gorgeous! How old is she? I free jumped my boy for the first time last week, he loved it and just kept going over it...:)

rachelha

Visit site
Thanks, she has a very pretty face and she knows it :p She is 6 in Feb but is still very babyish! and her jumping technique is bloody awful lol. I have to work so hard when im jumping her, practically have to carry her to the fence so thought it was about time she figured out how to jump without all of my help! Lets hope it works and i can start enjoying her jump!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Pretty, pretty little thing.

Glad to see that you started putting something under the fence to help her a bit. She's a quite dangly in front, but a good jumping trainer will be able to give you some tips on getting her shoulders and knees up.

I'd be inclined to put cross poles up only, to encourage her to use herself better, and keep the fences a little lower.

rachelha

Visit site
Yes it is her on the lunge :)

She isn't a very careful jumper most of the time she just gives just as much clearance as she needs (usually about 3mm lol), ive been told to use cross poles and 'V' poles to help with the dangling but she just seems to throw herself over them - hopefully getting a trailer soon so that i can get some lessons on her with a good instructor as keeping her on a private yard means im not allowed to get an instructor in. Cant wait!