Free to the first taker

P3LH

Visit site
2 and a half years after I purchased a rather beautiful silver Birman (should she be classed as a designer cat I wonder ?? as her grandmother was outcrossed to a silver chinchilla Persian to bring the silver genes back into the pointed genetics - as I’ve learned is something which often happens. I am of course being facetious. I’ve learned you’ll then get a throw back like madam - her siblings were silver tabby point and seal tabby point) I thought she may have grown out of one bad habit.

She is a wire chewer. I have lost count of the house phones I’ve had to purchase, phone chargers, Alexa cables, head phones, extension chord. She isn’t discriminative about her victim, if it’s cables then it’s getting eaten. If plugged in, even better - I’m surprised she isn’t dead.

Despite having everything in cable coverings, and an ample supply of spare ones for new appliances - including accidentally ordering one from eBay that came and was the heavy duty sort you bury in the ground (!!) she somehow managed to devour her way through the sky box cable, including through a cable cover.

thankfully- I have spares of everything.

so, here we go - first to collect can have!!!

on a serious note - anyone experienced similar? I’ve tried everything including using vics and bitter tastes. She is a house cat but has more toys than I can count, most usually breaking my neck, including all manner of specific boredom busters and a significantly large, ugly and space taking cat tree. She gets trays of grass, and does go in the garden when supervised.
Can’t think of what to try next other than going back to the land before time and living without any appliances.

Attachments

• 3894E040-5712-4928-85A2-AE2E07920DEC.jpeg
    3894E040-5712-4928-85A2-AE2E07920DEC.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 35

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
cant help with a solution but,to make you feel better, when my terrier was a puppy he loved to chew all wires, and it was quite difficult to stop him as he was so tiny and could get under the tables etc. he also chewed right through the hoover wire which was plugged in and luckily switched off at the plug. this was why i crated him at bedtimes and if i went out as i was paranoid about the wires. luckily he grew out of it but i am still very careful especially as i have another puppt now..