Freelance insurance?

Millie-Rose

Visit site
I have found it cheapest through the Bhs costs about £28 per month including gold membership. You obviously need to keep first aid and child protection updated but these are included free of charge in that cost you then need to keep dbs updated (£13) a year and do one CPD day per year average cost of these is about £30 but I found a free one this year.

Littlebear

Visit site
Hi!

Does anyone have freelance insurance? If so do you mind telling me who with and how much it is?

Currently looking into renewing mine after a few years out of it. Thank you!!

I am with the bhs but prior to that I used SEIB and from memory it was around £300 a year ish? I might be slightly wrong but it was in that ballpark.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I have found it cheapest through the Bhs costs about £28 per month including gold membership. You obviously need to keep first aid and child protection updated but these are included free of charge in that cost you then need to keep dbs updated (£13) a year and do one CPD day per year average cost of these is about £30 but I found a free one this year.

Cost me a fortune to be on the register! Every first aid, child protection and CPD course involved a 200 mile round trip, every course cost an average of £50, plus diesel, loss of earnings, having to pay someone else to cover the yard when I wasn't there, and a lot of the courses were very poor as well. I remember driving 2 hours to a first aid refresher and the trainer's opening words were "None of us want to be here so I'll rush through it as quickly as possible and we'll get home early. But we'll have plenty of flag breaks."

I binned the BHS, did child protection through the local council (free), did REC2 first aid through the canoe club (two days intensive, hands on training for £80) and insurance through SEIB which was £340 I think.

Asha

Visit site
my daughter has insurance, shes with KBIS, and pays in the region of £300 per year. She has a decent amount of cover too, including loss of earnings, accidents etc. To ride and care for horses. No teaching though.

Patterdale

Visit site
Cost me a fortune to be on the register! Every first aid, child protection and CPD course involved a 200 mile round trip, every course cost an average of £50, plus diesel, loss of earnings, having to pay someone else to cover the yard when I wasn't there, and a lot of the courses were very poor as well.

This is my reservation with the BHS as I live in a very remote area. Also, despite the fact I have stage 1, 2, 3, PTT and child protection, because I never did First Aid At Work at the time they didn’t sign me off as an AI.

I never got round to contacting them once I did the FAAW because I had loads of work and thought I’d get round to it sometime. I called the BHS yesterday and was told that the exams have changed, and because I was never officially awarded the AI I would have to do another 2 hour exam (costing £210!!) before I can join the register. Which I think is ridiculous.

Just had a quote from Shearwater for £260? Which I don’t think is too bad.

I’ll keep ringing round!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
This is my reservation with the BHS as I live in a very remote area. Also, despite the fact I have stage 1, 2, 3, PTT and child protection, because I never did First Aid At Work at the time they didn’t sign me off as an AI.

I never got round to contacting them once I did the FAAW because I had loads of work and thought I’d get round to it sometime. I called the BHS yesterday and was told that the exams have changed, and because I was never officially awarded the AI I would have to do another 2 hour exam (costing £210!!) before I can join the register. Which I think is ridiculous.

Just had a quote from Shearwater for £260? Which I don’t think is too bad.

I’ll keep ringing round!

The BHS will take money off you right left and centre. Our exams are more expensive because they claim they bring assessors over from GB, but the reality is that most of the assessors are based over here.

£260 sounds very reasonable!