Freezing my *** off

BallyJ

Visit site
Hi all!

Heads up this is a whiny post (sorry)

Just feeling abit fed up with the horses currently, feel in v deep and not sure what to do! Feeling like I can’t do bad for good!

Back ground story.... Baileys hot chocolate at the end!

I have 3 mares, my old trusty school mistress has been retired to a very good friend of mine as a companion, but I feel I don’t go and see her or show my friend quite how much I appreciate what she’s done for me (I don’t pay for anything anymore) and I don’t want her to feel dumped

Then my new (1 month since purchase) 5 yr old Connie, I think she’s such a dude really love her, but we have no school lights and I feel as though I’m not doing her justice, just riding over the weekend, my parents lent me the money to buy her and between paying them back, livery and her wolf tooth removal I have nothing left (I know this is Horses and when I’m here all weekend it is SO worth it) but I feel guilt for the little mare, my parents for spending the money and my OH for having nothing left to spend on him,

Then there’s my third, she’s semi retired (struggles with soundness) she’s the snuggle bug of the 3 loves kisses and just being fussed - i don’t feel guilty for her she’s happy and is doing what she loves!

Anyone else in this boat? I’m feeling worse as I’m typing this on my phone in the dark waiting for them to let me catch them!

Ponies, who’d be crazy enough to have them?!

pippixox

Visit site
Yep- I feel you. I struggle to ride once a week- I have a 20 yo retired boy who I've had for 11 years and love to bits. A 14yo hacker and a 6 year old new forest. they are happy to just be lawn mowers, but its a lot of money for pets!

I also have a 14 month old baby boy so he takes most of my time! (poor things comes to the yard with me twice a day as husband works long hours) Because husband works long hours I know he needs some time at the weekend (he has mountain bike obsession) but leave little time for horses or family time

hard in the summer even, but worse when pitch black with no nice floodlight school!

BallyJ

Visit site
Thank you for letting me know I’m not alone! Your sons going to be an incredible little horseman!
Finally caught them! Only took 40 minutes ��

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
It's a lot of money for pets but if it makes you happy...it's your money after all. I could be doing so much more with mine, but I'm one person and there's only 24hrs in a day. They're basically ok if they're eating and get a change of scene once in a while, like a new hacking route or some friends to ride out with. Most horses are easily pleased.

Don't feel guilty, as long as your horses are looked after they'll be fine. I know you miss your companion mare but I'm sure your friend is looking after her well, you'd not have let her go there if you didn't think that would be the case. The mare won't mind who is looking after her or fussing her, just as long as someone is. Your friend gained too, by having a horse that she already knew instead of buying an unknown quantity who could have turned out to have all sorts of problems. So I don't suppose your friend feels for one minute like you've dumped the horse on her.

The connie is getting ridden and you're both happy so really what's the problem. The money will sort itself out, you won't be paying your parents/the vet back forever will you. It's just winter blues and a bit of a blip that's all, you'll get past it. In summer you'll maybe have time to visit the companion more too. You've got 3 lovely horses, a good family and OH. Guilt is such a useless emotion in circumstances like this, you're not superwoman so just enjoy the weekends. Have a look what's going on in your community too, there might be free/cheap things you can go to with your OH :smile3:

Charlie007

Visit site
Hi all!

Heads up this is a whiny post (sorry)

Just feeling abit fed up with the horses currently, feel in v deep and not sure what to do! Feeling like I can’t do bad for good!

Back ground story.... Baileys hot chocolate at the end!

I have 3 mares, my old trusty school mistress has been retired to a very good friend of mine as a companion, but I feel I don’t go and see her or show my friend quite how much I appreciate what she’s done for me (I don’t pay for anything anymore) and I don’t want her to feel dumped

Then my new (1 month since purchase) 5 yr old Connie, I think she’s such a dude really love her, but we have no school lights and I feel as though I’m not doing her justice, just riding over the weekend, my parents lent me the money to buy her and between paying them back, livery and her wolf tooth removal I have nothing left (I know this is Horses and when I’m here all weekend it is SO worth it) but I feel guilt for the little mare, my parents for spending the money and my OH for having nothing left to spend on him,

Then there’s my third, she’s semi retired (struggles with soundness) she’s the snuggle bug of the 3 loves kisses and just being fussed - i don’t feel guilty for her she’s happy and is doing what she loves!

Anyone else in this boat? I’m feeling worse as I’m typing this on my phone in the dark waiting for them to let me catch them!

Ponies, who’d be crazy enough to have them?!

I bought a couple of led portable work lights from screwfix which enable me to use our school during the week x