Freshly clipped and feeling good!

timbobs

Visit site
Three weeks after his first clip, I've had to clip Ed again as he's getting so sweaty and he'd almost grown it all out already!

I should have learnt from the first clip that he's super fresh afterwards! Clipped at lunchtime and out for a hack this evening and it was like sitting on a (well-behaved) rocket haha!

Charged round our hack in the beautiful evening sunshine at warp speed and had a great time. Glad I put on my gel seat saver for a bit of extra grip though!

Anyone else got rather bouncy horses today?

44421690_10155657389881990_4111967660164513792_n.jpg

44365082_10155657389556990_1137313176841355264_n.jpg

Leo Walker

Visit site
Yes, Bobbie is ridiculous at the minute! She cant walk anywhere, she has to trot or canter. Even in the field. I was poo picking yesterday and she was cantering from her hay feeder down to me at the other end, then cantering back for another mouthful and repeat!

Denbob

Visit site
I had a near death experience with Denzel after his clip yesterday!

Thought I'd do some in hand work over poles after his bib clip and mane and tail were pulled (looking very swish now though I might add!) But he had other ideas and hooned around on the end of the lunge line jumping the trot poles and bucking like he should be at a rodeo in Texas and not an outdoor school in Somerset. Luckily he's learnt his lesson and didn't pull free but had a grand old time. Steadied up long enough to go over the poles in a semi-quiet manner so called it a day.

Less entertaining when he spooked while turning out and tanked off down to his field. Caught the b**tard and made him walk nicely a few times but goodness me if that wasn't a "b**locks I wish I'd worn a hat" moment!

Mrs B

Visit site
Clipped mine on Thursday and so pleased to see him happily skipping around in the sunshine - he doesn't grow a very long coat, but boy! is it dense. I was also very proud that, considering he used to think you were going to murder him the nearer you got towards his ears and react accordingly, he stood calmly in his box, with no head collar on absolutely rock-steady for the entire time. (Excuse the proud owner post! :))

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I had a near death experience with Denzel after his clip yesterday!

Thought I'd do some in hand work over poles after his bib clip and mane and tail were pulled (looking very swish now though I might add!) But he had other ideas and hooned around on the end of the lunge line jumping the trot poles and bucking like he should be at a rodeo in Texas and not an outdoor school in Somerset. Luckily he's learnt his lesson and didn't pull free but had a grand old time. Steadied up long enough to go over the poles in a semi-quiet manner so called it a day.

Less entertaining when he spooked while turning out and tanked off down to his field. Caught the b**tard and made him walk nicely a few times but goodness me if that wasn't a "b**locks I wish I'd worn a hat" moment!

Denzel the horse I love it such a cool name:cool:

scats

Visit site
haha thank you! I wish I could take credit! Nothing to do with his full name either so forever a mystery 😂

My friend has a Denzel too!

I gave Millie a clip last night. She went flying up and down the field when I turned out this morning, looking very pleased with herself. This afternoons hack could be entertaining...!

timbobs

Visit site
Haha everyone is clearly feeling well with this gorgeous sunshine!

Got to try out my Dressage saddle on saturday morning and was very glad of the large knee rolls! 🙈

Here he is looking like butter wouldn’t melt
428A8CCC-30B7-4D2E-A3B5-919ADC29AD06.jpeg

Hacked yesterday and my friend cantering behind us said we were hilarious to follow as we wiggled side to side up the hill spooking as we went 😂

He’s usually super chilled out!

Casey76

Visit site
Blitz had the quickest blanket clip on record on Thursday, but I think I made the mistake of using medium blades, as it really hasn’t made any impact on the amount of sweatiness 😕

He was still dripping (literally), with runnels of sweat down his flanks and face today 🙄