Fresian crosses

druid

Visit site
Faux-resians?

Depends on the croos, horrid to msot WBsimo, nice with a TB ... not mixing apples and oranges comes to mind!

druid

Visit site
Lol, trust you
smirk.gif

I meant you might get the worst of both and not the best of both...

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I meant you might get the worst of both and not the best of both...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get that with any mixed breed, infact even within a breed
tongue.gif

moon_drop

Visit site
I have a fresian cross TB she looks like this
moondrop.jpg

I have seen a few odd cross arab,Appaloosa, cob. IMO TB cross are the best cross. i would have other one, maddie is a good allrounder she loves her jumping she jumps 1.35m, she good at dressage when you get her switched on, she very fast when she goes and is a cross country machine. the only thing I would say is TROT takes alot of getting used too but once you do you'll manage to do sitting trot on anything!!!!!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes dear but there is far more variability with crossing breeds than within a breed

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite dear!

vivhewe

Visit site
Someone up near me breeds them and has a few Fresian x's - not sure if admin will tell me off but they have pictures on www.mealriggstud.co.uk - some are gorgeous (love the one called Tiberius that has been sold by them) and some aren't too bad but it does depend on what you look for in a horse
smile.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
I've never seen them in person close up
frown.gif
but seen them from the road and drooled - I used to ride past a Fresian stallion called Rentz when I was little on my welshie and he was lurvely!
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Noooooooooooooooooooooo

You need a nice Cleveland cross
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL!!! CB's are certainly on my list (3 infact). Not looking to breed B to a Fresian though - was thinking of going to look at a 17hh part-bred........

Foxford

Visit site
Wow like the dales x! A bit relieved as my sister put her fell in foal to a fresian and we're "interested" to see how it turns out! I think fell/dales x would work out well - add some height!

lisaward

Visit site
the trouble is people keep putting dales on fells and then registering them and the fell pony is getting too big,should only be 12.2-13hh ideally,though are allowed to be up to 14hh.

keep the fell pony small campaign

Foxford

Visit site
Never seen a dales x fell. Not sure why you would bother to x such similar breeds. Why not put to a TB or something heavier? Or just get a dales!!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My fresain x dutch warmblood filly foal. Wanting to do mainly dressage with her and if im feeling brave abit of jumping!!!!

DSC00127-2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Just STUNNING!!!!

Scarlett

Visit site
my friend has a Fresian x Highland. She is the shape and height if a fresian, whith a Highland head and in a proper silver dun colour... complete cow of a horse but could jump the moon if you put it in front of her......

cp1980

Visit site
Friesian x Arabs

One of the best four-in-hand competition drivers used Friesian x Arabs. The Friesian is an ideal carraige horse, but lacks the stamina needed for driving trials.

Saw them in the flesh at the World Games in 2002, and on random cable TV channels for the FEI Indoor World Cup series.

http://www.arabofriesiansporthorses.net/

http://www.gertschrijvers.be/

[image]http://www.gertschrijvers.be/Maximus.BMP[/image]

2006LahdenKegels001.JPG

2006LahdenMarathon003.JPG