Fresian pricing

littlen

Visit site
What would be a reasonable price for a 6-7 yo that has done nothing, very green under saddle and to handle. No tack or rugs. Decent conformation and breeding (i think!)

I am debating offering however i think it is more expensive than any other non fresian horse of this type and i am not sure whether the owner has overpriced?

Thanks

littlen

Visit site
Yes graded and imported. A scar which might effect showing. Very green and babyish for age. Only backed and hacked not schooled. He is gorgeous but has scared owner with bucking due to inexperience hence sale. He is sweet natured but more like a 3 year old than nearly 7.

He is up for £4000. Normally i would run but I have fallen in love with the horse!!

s4sugar

Visit site
Sounds about double what you'd be paying for a RID at a similar stage. I know which I'd have.

What breeding, what grading & what parentage? (& what gender?) There have been a lot of Fresians brought in by bin end dealers that were destined for meat on the continent.

littlen

Visit site
Thanks s4sugar. I am a mad arab lady and I wouldnt pay anywhere near that for an arab but then again I know nothing of the fresian, only admired from afar!!

Sorry what is a RID (irish draught was my guess??)
She is a mare, I know the name of the sire but nothing else other than that she was graded before being imported. (only just realised I wrote he in last post, sorry I so used to having male animals its automatic!! ) :)
She is lovely though, decent conformation but needs alot of work! Restarting in my opinion!

s4sugar

Visit site
Ask H&H user Alexart about bloodlines and find out who imported her.
There are what look to be genuine adverts for Friesians established in work at well under £4000.
As with Arabs -the higher level horses command high prices but then the price falls dramatically unless they can sucker in a novice :)
I would be very wary of this one.

littlen

Visit site
Hi, In all honesty its not something i even knew about, will be sure to ask. Sire seems to be an ok stallion from what I have googled but I am not sure!!