Friesian, anyone own or ridden one?

charlie55

Visit site
What are they like? A couple of people have said they couldnt ride them and it felt very wierd, due to the high head carriage, different feel etc, what are your views? Pics would be good too :) xx

bugbee717

Visit site
Me I have 2, but mine are babies, there is a big thread in picture gallery, you could ask in there. They are a fab breed I have 12 horses and my 2 are very different to all my other horses.

highlandponygirl

Visit site
I adore Friesians, they are one of my fave breeds. The ones that I have ridden are probably the most sanist and people responsive horses iv ever met. Re riding them I dont think there is that much of a difference imo, but there paces can be quite elevated if you like, the one iv ridden especially when cantering is quite bouncy lol. But their paces in general are quite nice though. Its a breed that I would love to own in the future.

Austen123

Visit site
I have a fresian x warmblood. She is the safe sensible but very fun. She has turned her hoof to everything we r doing1m05 sj ATM with aim to go further. Very talented horses with a great personality to match x

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
I don't have a Freisan but I do have a horse with similar, if not more, extravagant paces. You get used to the paces very quickly. They become the norm when you ride.

FDC

highlandponygirl

Visit site
I don't have a Freisan but I do have a horse with similar, if not more, extravagant paces. You get used to the paces very quickly. They become the norm when you ride.

FDC

I now prefer to ride these types of horses, they are very good for learning to develope feel of the horses paces and also because their paces tend to be deep they ar egood to ride if you want to develope a really deep and balanced seat.