Frogpool?

Oaksflight

Visit site
Anyone had problems with them? I ordered a new hat about 3 weeks ago, they said they had none in stock but would order one in if I wished. E-mailed them back the same day saying yes please, and now haven't heard anything from them, so have e-mailed them twice asking but no reply, so will be ringing them tomorrow. Are they often like this or is it just a one of? Just so I know before I go on a spending spree! x

Jiffy

photobucket.com
I ordered something on-line last Thursday. Friday afternoon they left a message on my answerphone saying that the suppliers had one in stock, which could be despatched this week & to call back if I wanted to go ahead with the order, which I did. Within another hour or so, I had an email confirming that the supplier was sending goods to them.

Fingers crossed my stuff gets here tomorrow.
smile.gif

jennystreek

Visit site
they really irritate me at times as:

a) you can never get through on the phone
b) they say they will call you back about an item and never do, then you try to phone them and cant get through!!
c) i have ordered things and not heard a peep for 6 months!!

If other people have experienced the same then perhaps we should all write in and they may do something about improving their admin side of things!!

ajb

Visit site
Ha dont mention them to me..really mad at the moment as went on the 22nd October with mate for my birthday lunch and horsey shopping and OH bought me a Pessoa from the shop for £89.00. In local saddlery the other day and saw it at £72!!..so checked out price on website and its £74!!! a whopping £15 difference..emailed them and heard nothing so called the shop-got through eventually and woman says that David (the owner aparantly) had my email but he really didnt care about customer service and might answer before he went on holiday or not but the answer to my querie was they could charge what they wanted and if there was a difference on the web to shop, well that was my problem for not checking!!!!...needless to say will stick to Rideaway for online in future and wont bother to do to Froggie again.....!!!!!
mad.gif

Jo C

Visit site
Took 5 weeks to get a numnah from them but they did keep me informed. Wouldn't order from there again in a hurry though, although I've had no problems with them in the past.

I_A_P

Visit site
the only ever problem i had is when i ordered long boots, not really their fault, as they were out of stock and were vcoming over from italy, but i was told i would be waiting a few weeks, but it turned into months with no polite email just to say they were having problems, we had to constantly ring which i hate, chaseing up people isnt very nice!

HelenPolly

Visit site
Hi,

Been using Frogpool for 20 years now, seen them grow from a tiny weeny tack shop to the huge business they are now. Never had any problems but would never buy a saddle off them (way over-priced!). Good luck calling at the weekend though as they never answer the phones as it's now usually full of people spending a fortune on equipment for their little ones who've just started riding lessons or bought a pony!

Price-wise (in store), they are actually fairly reasonable compared to other tack shops in the area.

However, persistance is the key with them (isn't it everywhere these days to get anything done?!), its just taken a week for them to sort out ordering some hood clips for my rug.

Vicki1986

Visit site
Ive never shopped online but getting them to order something in for you in the shop is a nightmare - so i imagine online cant be much better.

i asked them to order me in a breastplate - and FOUR weeks later i was still waiting...went in the shop and voila there it was on the shelf so i bought it.... 2 weeks after this they rang me to say they had them in stock now... I know i said i bought one from you 2 weeks ago!!

i tend not to shop there much, over priced and under organised!

ajb

Visit site
glad its not just me then-mind you 3 years ago when I set up my yard, myself and 3 mates all wanted new "sets" of rugs for our horses as they would be living out, went to the shop and asked if we bought 3 decent priced Mids and 3 Heavys could they give a discount-very snotty and said no they didnt need to as people paid their prices regardless..needless to say wnt to Speedgate and got a serious bargin and have to say Pessoa is the only thing have bought as should have known they were ott on price!!...didnt know about saddles though so thats interesting..

jennystreek

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the only ever problem i had is when i ordered long boots, not really their fault, as they were out of stock and were vcoming over from italy, but i was told i would be waiting a few weeks, but it turned into months with no polite email just to say they were having problems, we had to constantly ring which i hate, chaseing up people isnt very nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered the same boots (straight form italy - approx £200, Broggini or something?) Trouble is it did take months for them to arrive - was thinking it would probably be quicker to have ridden to Italy on horseback. In the end i had to buy some half chaps and gaiters, but wishing i had the boots
mad.gif

NuttymareII

Visit site
I ordered some Kieffer chap in the shop itself, took six weeks for them to ring me to tell them they were in, went to pick them up only to find they were not the ones I originally ordered
mad.gif

I actually find them better priced than Speedgate and have far more stock.

nicnag

Visit site
I've been really lucky and everything I've ever ordered from them has arrived really quickly, have also had some good bargains but I'm really stingy and will only buy stuff after I've checked the prices everywhere else!

Jiffy

photobucket.com
I take back what I said in favour of Frogpool. My order still hasn't arrived, despite being assured that the suppliers were despatching stuff 10 days ago.
frown.gif

I emailed them a few days ago to progress the order & haven't had a reply yet.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

*Growls*

Vicki1986

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
..needless to say wnt to Speedgate and got a serious bargin and have to say Pessoa is the only thing have bought as should have known they were ott on price!!...didnt know about saddles though so thats interesting..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good old Speedgate! home sweet home! I think the staff there are 10 times more friendly and helpful.
They order me in things and call me the day it comes in they are fab. And you can hand you receipts in and when you get £150' worth you get £5 voucher which goes down very well with me
laugh.gif