From regumate to Oestress

Clbrodders

New User
Visit site
Hello everyone.
Just wondering has anyone used regumate and then gone onto oestress?

I’ll try and keep the story short. My mare is going through rehab at the moment, and slowly going to be coming back into work. While at the vets I mentioned she gets bad during her seasons, nothing nasty, but just grumpy, desperate for geldings attention and refuses to be caught in the field. So, the vet suggested she goes on regumate so that her seasons don’t get in the way of her rehab.
After giving her regumate for 2 weeks I’ve wondered if it was right to put her straight onto it without trying oestress first (oestress was mentioned by the vet too), she’s been very jumpy whilst on it, and always pulling a face the last two weeks.
I’m wondering if I can take her off regumate and try her on oestress for a bit? Has anyone done this, or would it be daft to just stop regumate?

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Oestress is a natural hormonal supplement, with no proven studies (I believe) whereas Regumate actually stops seasons. I found it made no difference to my mare, total waste of money.

Mine is on pig regumate which is so much cheaper than the equine version.

Clbrodders

New User
Visit site
Was that both of them that made no difference to your mare or just the regumate?
I ended up going onto oestress, and my mares so much happier than she was 1-2 weeks ago when she was on regumate. Wether it is the oestress helping, I really don’t know.
I did look at the pig version and it seems they’ve realised and upped the price on that as well unfortunately.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I can't offer any advice on the oestress. However, you need to bear in mind that because regumate actually stops the cycles, you are unlikely to see an immediate effect. The time it takes to take effect will be based on when in her cycle you started her on it. If she was just about to come into season in the next couple of days, you probably won't see any difference.

Clbrodders

New User
Visit site
I can't offer any advice on the oestress. However, you need to bear in mind that because regumate actually stops the cycles, you are unlikely to see an immediate effect. The time it takes to take effect will be based on when in her cycle you started her on it. If she was just about to come into season in the next couple of days, you probably won't see any difference.
The vet scanned her and helped me get the right timing for starting it.