Front feet laser treatment?

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
Hello!
has anyone used laser treatments for front feet ligament/tendon strains/inflammation! It’s been recommended by the vet and just wondered if anyone had any success stories (given the price tag for an uninsured horse!)
Thanks

Batgirl

Visit site
There is limited scientific evidence that is works.

There is a local physio to me who touts is at £40 a session, she treated my horses leg wound (she wanted to do a comparison between treating one leg and not the other when he had 2 wounds) she did this for free. There was no discernable difference.

People reporting that 'it was amazing for my horse' have no real comparison, even if their horse had the same injury before there are so many factors at play.

doodle

Visit site
Tried it for a wound after an op that wasn’t healing. Don’t think it made any difference apart from making me think I was doing “something”.

piglet2001

Visit site
The lasers the vets use should be totally different to the ones available to physiotherapists. They are class 4 lasers and study’s have been done. Rossdales have a class 4 and I know people who have had excellent results.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Will it actually penetrate into the feet?

I think there is evidence for soft tissue injury nearer the surface/through softer structures, but I'd be doubtful on feet unless they can show some decent research.,

Won't hurt if you're insured and got the headroom on the claim though.,

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
I hoping it can penetrate the feet as the vets recommended But obviously I wouldn’t know how it works! Just trying to research the whole thing! Unfortunately no insurance and already 3k in...