Frontline

bumper

Visit site
Have fleas become resistant to this? I have been using it with my two, every month, since they were old enough. I treated both the large one (mastiffxlurcherxlabxcollie mongrel-and-gorgeous, age 2 1/2) and the tiny one (rough coated JRT age 1) last week, but tonight after wondering about her scratching a lot, checked her belly and found a live flea!

TBH it costs enough, @£40 for both for 3 months.... surely it should work??

Suggestions please x

Last edited:

severnmiles

Visit site
My friend runs a cattery and is pretty sure Frontline isn't working at all. I use Advocate on anything new that comes in as it also kills lung worm.

Have they changed the ingredients? I know permethrin was a main ingredient (also main ingredient in the now banned Duramitex which was very good on fleas) but I'm sure she said it isn't listed now...

KarynK

Visit site
Are you treating your house as well? They will be in the carpets etc. and if you don't treat that then they will re infest. I hate using chemicals on dogs and would be worried if I had to used something like Frontline so regularly. You can use salt in the carpets and on fabrics which kills the eggs and grubs or a spray.

I have not had to use anything for years and think that this is linked to their raw diet, their blood might be different with no carbs or sugars in their diet, they have come home with one or two from the park but they do not stay and catch the next dog home!