Frustrated eventer taking out BS membership! Can existing BS member help please

DorothyJ

Visit site
Hi,

I am thinking that I fancy taking out a 6 month BS membership as my mare seems to love show jumping on a surface, we are lucky to have a few venues not too far away and so far the BE season is a bit of a washout!

Just been looking at the membership forms and I have to give top 3 choices for my horse's name. She is Carlotta and she events under Carlotta III. Could an existing member very kindly check for me to see if these names are already in use before I submit our forms please.

Thank you muchly. Am offering home-baked chocolate brownies fresh out of the oven if you are local! :)

be positive

Visit site
You can do a search yourself, there is a Carlotta 111 and 1V so she would probably be V or maybe you can put a prefix or suffix to make her unique, no idea if this is allowed now or if they have to use the passport name exactly.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Afaik it has to be passport name and BS will issue the number if there are duplicates

That is what I thought but BS did not take my horses passport name as said too similar to another registered - they did not add roman numerals and took my second choice - which I had put no thought whatsoever into as I thought passport name was a given:rolleyes:
I have to remember at BS his name is different to BE and BD

DorothyJ

Visit site
Another request for a favour!

Can anyone download the record for Carlotta III please? Is that free to do for BS members?

Many many thanks :D

SillySausage

Visit site
What type of passport does your horse have DorothyJ?

If they are english or irish bred and with breeding in their passport, then they must stick with their passport name.

If they are english or irish bred with unrecorded breeding, or of a foreign passport (not FEI registered) then you can choose their name.

Another point, if the name you choose sounds like another existing one (although with different spelling) it will be put on with roman numerals too. The idea is to reduce mix ups with results.

DorothyJ

Visit site
I think she may be Carlotta III and I had simply never realised that previous owner had registered her - getting in contact with previous owner to check but if anyone can access that horse's record in the meantime I'd be hugely grateful. Thank you.

Leg_end

Visit site
Could I hop on the bandwagon and get someone to mail me Gandalf II's record please? I did buy it once but have lost the print out :(