Full Grass Livery/Recuperation Livery

Bri

Visit site
Could anyone recommend me somewhere that does full grass livery or retirement/resting livery please? Preferably in the south of england although could go further out if necessary? Thanks very much!

TopTotty

Visit site
Hi, I am in Lancs which is probably too far for you but I offer all types of livery. Would do grass livery through summer but not winter. It would also depend on what your horse was recuperating from and if you planned to have him home but I think the livery should really be the same as full livery as he will need the same if not more care and attention.
I know that this is probably the expense you are trying to avoid but even on grass livery I would be checking them twice a day.
Hope you get sorted and if you are interested please get in touch. :)

sian230

Visit site
I've moved my mare to Essex Retirement Livery today, based in Ingatestone.

I met the couple who own it on Monday and they picked my mare up today (I'm at work and unable to get the time off, but felt able to trust them to do this on my behalf, which says a lot!)

They have 200 acres of grazing, said that they hardly ever need to supplement with hay and when they do, they use their own stuff, which is dust and chemical free and of a very good quality.

They try to keep the horses living as naturally as possible, in a herd environment, but are out in the fileds constantly and check them about four times.

It's back to basics in that the horse is a horse again and not the pampered pet that most of ours have become, but they said that their horses tend to settle very well and you can visit every day or once a year. They also have stables so that if your horse isn't getting on with the great outdoors, they can come in, get warm under the heat lamps etc, which I thought was brilliant.

I've read mixed reviews on here, but from what I saw, they seemed really nice and I'm going to visit her on Saturday to check she has settled in etc.

They must be one of the only places near where I live that not only turns the horses out everday in winter, but lets them live out (brilliant as my mare has a dust allergy) and has enough grazing not to need to supplement!