Full Livery near Southend

unbalanced

Visit site
I am going mad with work at the minute and getting more and more run down, keep getting these stupid infections and am off sick again today. Soon my employer is going to have had enough of me. So something has to give and the only thing I can think of is to put my pony on full livery, at least for the winter.

She is at a farm at the minute which doesn't offer any services at all. There is one other livery who keeps getting upset with me when I ask her to do stuff, like lock the gate to the field, put my jump poles away or poo pick, and keeps giving her pony bucket feeds in the field our two ponies share and to be honest I think this is adding to my general stress.
However, there is a lot I really like about my current yard - it is really cheap, it is halfway between home and work, I have quite a lot of freedom to do what I want, there is reasonable hacking once you put in the roadwork, the farmer makes his own hay and is really kind, as is his partner. I will really miss them when I leave. However, my job is suffering from me being ill so I have to make some decisions.

I have been on livery list and google and so far: I already called Tlylde Hall and might go and view it although it is pretty far. I looked at Middlewick Farm's website dreamily - it is super amazing but an hour away from mine, boyfriend's and work and there is no point giving up horse time to add car time. I called Shoplands and they are going to call me back today when they know if there are vacancies or not. Oldbury Farm sounds absolutely perfect but they have quite a long waiting list. I put my name down just in case.

Any suggestions?

unbalanced

Visit site
Thank you. I am going to see Shopland on Saturday now - they called me back and they do have a vacancy so that's good. I spoke to Damien at Braeside just now and I'm going to look at that on Sunday. I'd never heard of that one before. Greenacres I think I rejected when I was moving out here because they didn't have enough winter turnout for my mare and too much summer grass (I think I am thinking of the right yard) - she is cushings and arthritic, so really easy to place!
I am a bit worried about affording livery to be honest, but more worried about what I am going to do to myself once I have to start mucking out in the mornings and that type of thing.
Have you kept a horse at Shopland before? They seemed really nice and helpful on the phone.

Lippyx

Essex... In my bubble, floating above reality!!
Visit site
Well I am at Shopland (well, I will be when I collect my new ponio!!) They do assisted livery, which includes everything except muck out and supplying feed (they feed the horse for you, if its ready) Its cheaper and as there is always someone there, are happy to do the odd muck out if you can't make it to the yard.

unbalanced

Visit site
They even said I could have restricted grazing, which a lot of yards won't, and is one of the things I like best about my current yard. Do they have them out 24/7 in summer?
Braeside said they have pretty much everyday turnout in winter, but then said that his lot are in today because it was so wet last night, so I hope that wouldn't mean they would be in a lot, because that would be a problem for me. Mine is still out at night at the minute!

Lippyx

Essex... In my bubble, floating above reality!!
Visit site
Yes, 24/7 turnout in the summer if you want, but don't have to. The only time they restricted turn out last year was when it really snowed, and to be fair, I wouldn't want to risk putting out when its thick snow!
Yeah, they have a few little paddocks, some with grass, some without.