Full Livery wanted within 10 miles of Greetland, West Yorks

Mrs B!

New User
Visit site
Hi Does anyone know of any good livery yards in the area around Greetland, West Yorkshire with good facilities and offering full livery? I have found a few names through a basic internet search but personal recommendations would be great. If anyone knows anything about the following yards (good or bad) that would also be excellent: Turbury Equine, Clough House, Lee Hill Riding School, Ogden Equestrian. Thank you

gemma2208

Visit site
Hi, I am also looking for full livery around stainland/Greetland/ outlane, please could you tell me what you found out? I also sent you a friend request I think as I am new to this and dint know what I am doing!!!
Thank you

gemma2208

Visit site
Really? That sounds perfect, is there any spaces? How much do they charge? Is it full DIY? Is there a field shelter? Sorry for all questions I am just about to do a deal on a horse literally and need somewhere in place quickly

gemma2208

Visit site
Not sure that message was clear!! I was meaning how much do they charge where you keep yours? Not at wilderness because I already have all their prices

frenchtrotterlizzie

Visit site
I did have a look on lee hill website before I found my stable, it looks lovely online and quite a few facilities, ive never been there or know anyone who has a horse stabled there. Brilliant hacking around there though, I hack around that area.

gemma2208

Visit site
Do you hack out during the day? Or are you at work? I don't really know anybody to ride out with around here (outlane). I will be riding whilst the kids are at school you see

frenchtrotterlizzie

Visit site
I hack during the day and night, I tend to hack out alone during the day, (after 20 mins of persuading my mare to leave the stables, hormonal mares lol) and hack out at night with the woman who has the horses so if you need a hacking buddy im more than happy to hack out :)
& that's no problem, I was in the same situation last year, found my stable through preloved just in time.

gemma2208

Visit site
Ooh that would be great. I'm just in a total dilemma at the moment. Thought I found the perfect horse, but now I think I look too big on him and after showing various people I have had a really mixed reaction, anything negative and I am put off things quickly. I was very close to doing the deal, but I know I need it to be right. Do you know of any welsh cobby types between 7-10 years and preferably a gelding!!! At least 14.3hh?

frenchtrotterlizzie

Visit site
What was it you had seen?
Cobs are good weight carriers and doesn't matter if you look a little tall they'll carry you fine. Don't worry what other people say if you are compatible thats all that matters, I get stick all the time for having a french trotter, but she's lovely although very hormonal.
I don't but I can keep my eye out.
Don't suppose your on Facebook are you? Can point you in the direction of some good pages. Dragondriving is a good cobby page.

frenchtrotterlizzie

Visit site
Horses/ponies and tack for sale west yorkshire & chit chat and tack are dome good facebook groups where you'll probably find the type you are looking for.
Have you tried pre loved?

gemma2208

Visit site
Thanks I will give her a ring!! Although I have just found somewhere just above outlane for 22pw DIY but she has a HUGE barn type field shelter so I could leave horse out. Quite near to my house actually, i live st Sowood.. Just been to Turbury Lane with one of my children had a lesson, I showed instructor the photo of the horse I WAS wanting, she said I didn't look too big and it would be ideal for my son too to ride. So confused what to do. Well I am going again tomorrow to ride him, will let you know how I go on!! Only thing is they want 2100 for him eek!!!