Full Livery yard between Oxford and Banbury?

Warmblood1234

Visit site
Due to work, we might potentially need to relocate to somewhere between Oxford and Banbury (looking at the Deddington area), but before my OH accepts the job I am trying to find a suitable yard for my two horses. Does anyone know of any yards between Oxford and Banbury that offer:

Full exercise livery (must be capable of riding a sensitive, talented dressage horse)
All weather floodlit outdoor school
Daily turnout
Horsewalker
Off-road hacking (no roadwork)
An indoor school would be a huge bonus

I know of lots of yards North of Banbury (as I lived near there years ago), but they are too far, so Babington Dressage etc is sadly not suitable.

The ones I'm aware of so far are:
PRE Dressage
Mills Stables
Worton (not ideal location)

Are there any others between Oxford and Banbury?

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
New Pond Stables is relocating in a few weeks to where Mills are now (Bletchingdon ( and their fb says they will offer part/full/comp livery) - I think they will have all the facilities you list.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I know this was posted a while ago, but did you ever find anything? I am starting to look for myself, also Deddington area.

Horse is significantly less talented than yours though, and would be mainly used for hacking.

quaver

Visit site
There's a yard in Duns Tew that might suit you - it's based at Lower Farm and has lots and lots of off road hacking on the farm fields. http://www.lowerfarmliveryyard.co.uk/ There aren't often spaces there and not a great turn over of horses. Unfortunately it didn't really suit my boy (grass too rich for him as a good doer but he needs to be out lots because of arthritis) otherwise I'd still be there.

Premier Dressage is amazing a friend has a couple of horses that go there for training but may be a bit OTT if you're looking for hacking (not that they would ever look down on you for that!) it also apparently has lots of off-road hacking.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Is near Islip/Charlton on otmoor any good? I know a lovely yard with good hacking and an indoor. .

Islip could definitely work, I work in Oxford and live in Deddinton. What is the turnout like? She's living out at the moment but will be brought in when the snow is very heavy (she's in Denmark) and she's only ever lived in a herd so far.

I had hoped to find something closer to home but she's lived quite a sheltered life so good hacking without any major roads would be a priority.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
There's a yard in Duns Tew that might suit you - it's based at Lower Farm and has lots and lots of off road hacking on the farm fields. http://www.lowerfarmliveryyard.co.uk/ There aren't often spaces there and not a great turn over of horses. Unfortunately it didn't really suit my boy (grass too rich for him as a good doer but he needs to be out lots because of arthritis) otherwise I'd still be there.

Premier Dressage is amazing a friend has a couple of horses that go there for training but may be a bit OTT if you're looking for hacking (not that they would ever look down on you for that!) it also apparently has lots of off-road hacking.

Brilliant, thanks. Duns Tew is lovely. I will have a drive through on the weekend- if the weather improves!

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Islip could definitely work, I work in Oxford and live in Deddinton. What is the turnout like? She's living out at the moment but will be brought in when the snow is very heavy (she's in Denmark) and she's only ever lived in a herd so far.

I had hoped to find something closer to home but she's lived quite a sheltered life so good hacking without any major roads would be a priority.

I think turnout is good. Hacking is well away from busy stuff. Do you need part/full/DIY?