Full moon

frazzled

Visit site
I promise this is not a joke. Does anyone else have a dog who is affected by a full moon. One of ours howls all night whenever there is a full moon( or nearly full moon). He doesn’t howl any other nights thankfully , I was wondering if the light it throws out disturbs him but would be interested to know if he is a one off or if it is common.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I promise this is not a joke. Does anyone else have a dog who is affected by a full moon. One of ours howls all night whenever there is a full moon( or nearly full moon). He doesn’t howl any other nights thankfully , I was wondering if the light it throws out disturbs him but would be interested to know if he is a one off or if it is common.

It can do very strange things to people so wouldn't surprise me if dogs are also affected:rolleyes:

frazzled

Visit site
I’m glad to hear that he is not the only one. He is now 5 and has done this since a puppy. And here is a picture of the little werewolf, obviously very tired after his night time shenanigans

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 13

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
How strange. Aled had one on him last night, sat staring at the underneath of the sofa, growling at himself and us if we went near him. When we went to bed he stole an empty plastic pot and took it under our bed and destroyed it. These are things he has done in the past, but not lately. He once stood staring and growling at the cooker months ago. Have just googled and it was a full moon last night!

I will keep an eye on the moon next time it happens.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
thats really odd, my little terrier kept going to the kitchen growling and barking looking up at the sky, i thought there may have been a cat in the garden and let him and my collie cross out, she had no reaction but he kept barking.......perhaps the full moon has affected him as well, weird!!!!!

Moobli

Visit site
The sheepdogs definitely enjoy howling on nights when there’s a full moon. Family and friends in the police also expect busier shifts when there’s a full moon, so it clearly affects some people too.