Fulll livery prices

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Right, going to see a yard tomorrow with the intention of doing full livery there. Yard is close to Kidderminster (Have no idea about livery prices around here).
What sort of prices could I realisticly charge? (just so I know what sort of profit I stand to make if this all pulls off).

airedale

Visit site
Don't know about warwickshire but in surrrey full livery is £120 to £140 per week
...........and then goes upwards for some of the serious competition yards with multiple facilities.

Greyhound

Visit site
OMG S_K you have to get that to work out as I will be looking for a yard that way next year.

There is a FL which I have enquired about has an outdoor and costs £90 a week, I will pm you the website.

Gh
grin.gif

Jemayni

Visit site
I think it £80 on our yard for what i would call the most basic full livery available - but with full use of indoor/outdoor school. However prices may have have gone to £90 this time Im not exactlly sure cos mines on diy

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Well the price would include:
-Feed (unless the client wanted a balancer or supplement in which case the client buys it)
-Mucking out
-a bit of turnout (not a massive amount of land there)
-Bedding
-hay/haylege
-stable with rubber matting
-use of the menage there (haven't a clue if it's covered, flood lit or what!)
-All basic care

Doesn't sound much for your money does it, maybe I'm missing something
confused.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I pay £75 p/w for what you are offering there, but you can add to that a large indoor school as well as an outdoor school, and also 200+ acres of private woodland hacking. I also get to park my lorry on site for no extra charge
smile.gif

airedale

Visit site
You aren't missing anything. By the time you pay the leccy, rates, liability insurance, repairs and mending stuff, heating (if you use any other fuel), water bill as you'll be metered, plumber if your pipes burst, etc etc

You'll not be making much.

Then factor in your time and pay yourself the minimum wage of £5-80 or so per hour and work out how many hours work you'll be doing.....................

I reckon for full livery 2 hours per horse per day by the time you've mucked out, fed, hayed, skipped out, groomed, turned out, brought in, changed rugs, cleaned tack, moved bedding to stable, washed out it's feed bucket, cleaned out the drinker or water buckets, washed out manger once per week - and that's without riding or exercising the animal

so at the minimum wage of £5.80 per hour x 7 days per week - that is about £80 per horse per week - and that is without the hay/feed/bedding/rates/etc.

so that actually shows that you aren't even going to be earning the national minimum wage working with horses

no wonder we keep on having part-time jobs to make ends meet or people give up working with horses........!!!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Doh! I am being REALLY stupid here. Should have read the original post properly!

If you include options for exercising, strapping, preparation for competition (i.e. getting horse plaited/trimmed etc), proper grooming each day (i.e. horse never going to bed muddy!), then you can up your prices.

Rambo

Visit site
I agree you aren't going to get rich running a livery yard, but you do need to distinguish what the 'Full Livery' is offering. I wouldn't expect to get my horse groomed, exercised, or tack cleaned for the £75 p/w I pay. That service would be around £110 - £130 p/w
smile.gif

aran

community.webshots.com
rates vary so much with location. id find out what the surrounding yards offer and what their rates are as that (plus what the demand is like) will dictate yours. my old yard was £80 for what your offering (plus trailer parking and transport to local shows/clinics/schooling sessions).

Flossie06

Visit site
My yard in wiltshire is £130/week but £25 ectra each clip. This includes all stabling, turnout, grooming, exercise, bedding, feeds etc and plaiting for hunting. But it is less during the summer when the horses are less fit and not doing so much work as its a hunting yard and none of the owners really do much else.

truffles

Visit site
My full livery is around £400 a month - this includes EVERYTHING though, and there is a really high standard of mucking out etc.... You also have one person allocated to your horse to look after, excercise etc...And I feel completely happy that Chloe is in the best of care while I am not there. The price also includes hard feed, straw/shavings, and use of any of the facilites including the dressage arena, smaller arena, jumping paddock, hacking, xc course, lunging arena etc...
smile.gif

Mind you this is just on the edge of N. London and there is plenty of competition near there such as caldicote farm (T.V series too)

fairhill

Visit site
Our yard charges £80/wk for full livery - includes stable, haylage, turnout, basic care, mucking out and basic feed, and use of the outdoor menage. It doesn't include bedding or exercise.

airedale

Visit site
yep - round me it's 120 full with everything apart from exercising and 140 ish with exercising as well and/or horsewalker or lunging

crackerjack

Visit site
i pay £70 which includes;
- hay/ bedding
-turn out all day winter/ 24/7 summer
-outdoor menage
-full looking after apart from grooming/riding
-vet on site
-feed
-people live on site
-private gated yard

and you can totally trust the people who look after the horses.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
The full liverys at my place pay £85 per week. For that they have full use of indoor and outdoor schools. As much turnout as they want. Hayledge,bedding and feed. Mucking out, turnout and bringing in with rug changes. Held for vet/farrier etc. The YO also lives on site.

Bossanova

Visit site
Be prepared to work bl**dy hard for not much (just to cheer you up
smirk.gif
)
We chage £85/week for everything bar riding. Including riding is £120/week, schooling is about £140/week I think