Fun Show - How relaxed??

bluepegasus

Visit site
There is a "Fun Show" near me this weekend. It's sounds like it's a bit of a "give it a go" type day.
My daughter's mare is a bit lumpy bumpy, scars etc and conformation isn't spot on but she looks gorgeous schooling.
There is a class for Bumps & Blemish, so guess they could do this but is there any point in them entering the Ridden Horse class or will they just get laughed out of the ring?

Also, I believe showing is a hacking jacket activity. We ain't got one, so will her navy blue jacket do? Damn, just thought I think we only have black silks for her hat :(

Leandy

Visit site
Seriously, if it is a "fun" show, don't overthink it. Go and give it a go, you won't be laughed out of the ring in any class if you are doing your best and are clean and tidy presenting yourself as best you can with what you have. It will be low key and encouraging and there will be all shapes and sizes there.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Seriously, if it is a "fun" show, don't overthink it. Go and give it a go, you won't be laughed out of the ring in any class if you are doing your best and are clean and tidy presenting yourself as best you can with what you have. It will be low key and encouraging and there will be all shapes and sizes there.

This. The organisers will want every-one to have a good time and an intorduction to showing,in a relaxed atmosphere.

Mrs G

Visit site
We have 'fun shows' at our yard. They really are relaxed and low key. I refuse to plait my boy up; his mane is too thick and long to do normal plaits but not long enough to do a running plait and Im not prepared to pull/thin it etc for the odd show, equally I am not prepared to buy competition wear; I will be smart and clean but I will be wearing normal, every-day riding clothing. In fact the shows are so relaxed that Im considering doing a ridden class at the next one; my horse behaved in hand at the last show (which was a lovely surprise and we got a rosette too) so Im going to see how we get on this time, and believe me this is a big deal for us as I had sworn off taking him anywhere for any type of competition since a terribly traumatic experience in a warm up ring a few years ago! Honestly, give it a go and if its like one of 'our' shows, theres usually cake available to either celebrate or commiserate with!

meleeka

Visit site
Fun shows are just that. Rules regarding turnout aren’t enforced. I’d say as long as your daughter and pony look smart, wear what you have. Bumps and blemishes will only come into it if there’s an identically looking combination that the judge can’t decide between.

Silver Clouds

Visit site
Our local RC holds a Novice/fun show once a year which welcomes all-comers, and is specifically designed to encourage people either new to showing, or who have had a break/only compete rarely. As long as it looks as though the horse and rider are as clean and well turned out as possible then the 'rules' are fairly relaxed. I lent a lead rein pony to a friend's reasonably novice daughter and she did very well despite wearing her school shirt and tie (no jacket as didn't own one) and light brown johds. Her mum plaited her hair neatly and made sure that she was immaculately clean and her boots polished, so she looked smart.

Good luck, and i hope you enjoy it!

Annagain

Visit site
Is there a riding club horse / pony club pony class or family pony? They're often good ones for horses that perform well but may not win a beauty contest. You may need to do one small jump for the riding club. Any clothes you have will be fine as long as you're clean and smart. Good luck and have fun!