Fundraising Ideas

GinaB

Visit site
So I've finally decided that by time I am 25 (I'm 21 now) that I'm going to go to Africa for at least 2 weeks to help rehabilitate abused and neglected horses. Problem is it's £421 a week but I also need to get money for flights. Which are gonna be pricey. So anyone any got any good ideas on how to raise plenty of cash??

Thanks!

pixie

Visit site
The easiest way to start is by spending less.

Open a seperate saving account and start putting in your spare cash. Think "do I want to spend 20 quid on drinks at the pub, or would it be better saving it?"
Also, quit smoking if you do. Limit the number of magazines/chocolate/clothes you buy. Offer to do jobs for other people. Get an evening/weekend job.

GinaB

Visit site
Luckily don't start or drink. I already have a full and part time job so all the money from part time job I'm planning on putting away. Possibly doing extra hours at it. At least I have at least 2 years to save!!

K9Wendy

Visit site
If it were closer, ie next summer you could involve your local paper, riding school, businesses to offer you support. Also organise a sponsored ride in your local area. Ebay all your old tack, riding clothes, anything in fact. Stick unwanted stuff in buy and sell.

Where there's a will, there's most certainly a way!!

dieseldog

Visit site
£421/week - seems a bit steep?

The flights wil be about £400 and it won't cost you that much per week, you would be going to a poor area, do a bit more research or approach other organisations and choose one near a large airport as the flights will be cheaper.

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
You could try to organise a pub quiz at your local. Or do something that you would not normally want to do, ie, my friend with really long hair shaved it off to raise money to go to Africa, someone else did a sponsored bungee and another friend did a sponsored parachute jump. You could organise a sponsored ride, as mentioned, or a sponsored dog walk around one of the large parks around you. YOu could do a boot sale. maybe you could go around local livery yards and see if anyone is interested in participating in an inter yard kids dressage event or adult gymkhana. Or approach local businesses for sponsorship.
Maybe you could organise something on this forum, something that we can all participate in online and have to donate funds to enter or just ask for donations. There are lots of people on this forum and even if they only donated £2 each it would make a difference. You will have to ask admin first though, I assume.
I understand with some of these volunteer schemes, if you apply to go as a leader/supervisor you can go for cheaper,, but I think this depends on which organisation you are going with.
Is it right that you pay a set amount that allows you to volunteer for a certain amount of weeks and then you have to pay for flights seperately?
Best of luck
regards
Dawn