Funny how your tastes in horses can change

vivhewe

Visit site
I'm just thinking now how your tastes in horses can change
smile.gif

Before I got Dannybeast I definitely looked at horses without feathers first, nicely put together but not too fine, and usually they had to be grey! But I've had him 6 months now and have found his female counterpart and think she's gorgeous
grin.gif

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/AdvertRef/HM647GE8H/Page//Web/DisplayHorseDetail.asp

Chances are Santa can't fit her down the chimney but I love this mare! Has anyone elses preferences changed since they bought a horse that didn't fit their ideal horse description or is it just me?

eventergirl87

Visit site
Hee hee I have had the oppisite way

when I was younger I really liked nice cobs
smile.gif
....... now my aims etc.... have completly changed and I love not too fine not too big sport horses etc....

Wasnt really a horse that changed my ideals just grown up and changed alot of my tastes i think
laugh.gif

Kate_13

Visit site
I have always had part bred arabs until I got my Warmblood last year. He is great, but I have to say I still love my part bred arabs.

My Warmblood is out on loan to a competition friend wo loves jumping big (2'6 my limit!). So I now have another part bred arab and love him!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Wouldn't look at anything un TB in the leg department - until I got daughter's pony. Really hated it on sight, but as it went well for d, and she loved it to bits, I paid up. Best thing I ever did and the pony isn't so cobby after all, now I have my eye in!

Tia

Visit site
I've always had very lively TB-types and Arabs until I moved to Canada. I'd never have another TB horse, Quarter Horses are my passion now.

JaneMBE

Visit site
Hated black and white cobs! More so when I got Minstrel (although he is really sweet and lovable now)
Then when M_G offered me Saffy on loan, I just could not say no! She is super and I swore I would not have another B/W cob!

Love love love TB's but never used to, they were just 'racehorses'.. until I got Eric and he changed my life completely.

KatB

Visit site
Always loved Finer TB types, and disliked coloureds. Then had my cob who was the most fun thing ever ridden, and sooo genuine, he also fuelled my like of coloureds. So now got perfect horse, mixture of "old" TB ideal, with "new" coloured taste
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I was looking for a TB type pony when I ended up with my hairy fat Welsh Cob. When I sold her, I was again looking for a larger TB X, something finer than the Welshie... and ended up with an ID X who doesn't look as though she's ever even seen a TB! She's a proper middleweight, and my Mum was horrified when she saw her (she wanted a finer type too) and even more horrified when I fell in love with her after 30 seconds! I do love my MWs though, I do ride a friend's Anglo Arab but I can't be doing with that! Got to have a bit of substance!

Theresa_F

Visit site
For years it was always fast and furious - arabs, TBs. Then after Fleur my WB who rather knocked me back had a gypsy cob on loan - rest as they say was history.

I adore the breed, now have one of my own and together with OH's clydie, am now addicted to pig oil and sulphur and long manes, tails and hairy legs.

Fast, safe and such fun without spending time in A&E - gypsy cobs are great little horses.

Much as love TBs, I can't see me changing from my hairies now.

seaofdreams

Visit site
even though im tiny (5'1'' & 7stn), i don't like the skinny minnie types i like the big chunky horses (IDx's) i would love a big coloured tradtitional although before Lottie i also disliked coloureds too
Hx

sojeph

Visit site
Arabs were my things at first but after working for someone with show cobs my head was turned and now the bigger, fatter and hairier the better!!
grin.gif

X

xspiralx

lol, I've always loved tbx type horses, who are sharp but sensible - and that's never changed!

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Hee Hee i have two that are the complete oppsite of each other! Touchy is basically the perfect one conformation wise, she the chestnut in sig! (she got 8.5 when graded as a SHB mare) but not really my type ideally, I got herby accident when she was given to me to sell and then went loopy? (apparantley) at her new home. And then theres Sovereign who is the most handsome thing on the planet but at 17.1 perhaps a little big for 5ft2 me! So I can appreciate both but find it funny that I have two perfect horses that are completely different
confused.gif
grin.gif

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
I've always loved arabs and ponies - little bouncy things. I have a warmblood now and he is a lot of fun, but I still have a soft spot for arabs!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you would love my horsey then, he's warmblood cross arab!

He looks like a warmblood but with a fine not too araby head, and lovely floaty arab movement. He's also really laid back but has loads of presence
smile.gif