Furry boots!

alainax

Visit site
Noob question alert! (even after owning and riding for over 20 years, I still manage to come up with noob thoughts :p )

I generally ride in no boots, however if we are planning lateral work, collection or some fast hacking, I use the equilibrium stretch and flex. I like that these are are flexible and breathable so not a hindrance, but the protection they offer is for mild scuffs at best. He can get close behind, and has rubbed himself here before. The boots do have marks where they have been successful in coming between him and a rub! I often want to put over reach boots on the back, but fear we will look like nutters! They might be useful though...

I love the look of bandages, but don't trust myself to apply them evenly perfectly.

Anyway, the point. I have seen a lovely pair of fleece lined brushing boots, that got me thinking. Don't these really heat the legs up? Is it of benefit to have hot legs rather than using boots which allow air flow? They look lovely for increased protection, however I am dithering about the idea that they will cook his legs, and be so stiff. I used to used fleeced lined open fronted tendon boots back in my jumping days, but had never really gave it a second thought back then!

What's your thoughts on the matter? :)

Last edited: