Futurity 09 - would I be wasting my money with Mouse?

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com

I took Mouse to futurity as a foal last year, despite her having a slight bench knee. Anyway, the judges (of course) picked up on it and so we got quite poor vet scores. We did get decent scores in everything else as she moves beautifully (and straight, despite her wee wonkiness) but is it worth presenting her as a yearling or should I just not bother?

I loved the experinece & I think it was good for her, too, but it is a lot of entry fee & travelling etc if I'm just going to get poor marks? (if you see what I mean)

Should I take her do you think, for the ride?

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
Thanks Memo - I did think this to be honest - i just want to get her out to something as a yearling & most of the youngstock shows round near me are hunter types. I'm guessing there is no merit to taking a horse every year though.

Tempi

Visit site
If you just want to get her out and about why dont you do some cheaper local shows then it dosent matter so much if her confirmation gets marked down?

If she got a poor vet score last year then i would shy against taking her again this year and save the money.

By the way, i hope all is good with you, long time no speak!!
smile.gif
x

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com

You are right - it's more just that I like the set up of the futurity - most of the local ones round here are a bit haphazard!

I'm fine though - haven't seen you on here for a while? Hope the neds are well? x

Tempi

Visit site
i dont really come on here anymore to be honest, i occasionally read posts but thats about it.

Ive only got Jup now (yearling). Bloss is on permenant loan and Archie was sold about 3weeks ago
frown.gif

How are your gang?

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
oh - I'm sorry you sold Archie
frown.gif

But Jup must be a little honey now - we need pictures!
laugh.gif

My mare is going on breeding loan on Saturday - got a new big grey project (see siggy) and Mouse, of course - who is here to stay! Hope you are managing to get some riding in. x

Tempi

Visit site
Ive not ridden for about 6weeks, am having a ride on Bloss on thursday tho which im really looking forwards too
smile.gif
Shes still at the yard, just on loan to one of the grooms which is great.

Archie had to go, he was too much for me and i didnt have enough time and was slowly loosing the will to live with him. Hes in a fantastic home tho with a young rider who is brilliant and adores him
smile.gif

The grey looks lovely
smile.gif

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com

Aw - at least Bloss is near still so sounds like it has worked out (of sorts). Big grey is a lot of horse to hold together - but we are getting there! good to see you on here anyway. x

Ciss

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What do 2 year old eventers have to do at Futurity? Vet's assessment and what else. I wouldnt want our jumping...

[/ QUOTE ]

Two year olds are not loose jumped, but they are shown in hand on the traingle and then loose schooled aroudn the arena. Is designed to be deliberately undemanding and low stress in order to protect the youngsters from any undue stress or excessive physical effort.

HTH