Futurity results

elijahasgal

Visit site
So day one has been and gone, with some cracking foals, and some not such good results.
I thought that the youngstock this year though were supposed to be out of Graded stallions, yet one Elite is by Lawmans Diago, who as I understand it failed his grading. And a higher first,missing elite by 0.01% if I understand right is by opposition bombshell, again ungraded? So what happened to those rules? Or is it one rule for one, and one for another?
Mind excellent results, day one, 5 elites, 2 dressage, 2 eventing, 1 showjumping, I think it must have been about 45-50 enteries. There is a prooved impartiaity with a certain member of SHB(GB) presenting his "perfect" foal, to only get second premium, and third lowest foal score of the day. just goes to show that names in the futurity really dont matter.

Ciss

Visit site
If you read the rules carefully you will see that for 2012 only progeny of inéligible stallions are lowed to enter but if those stallions have not become graded / eligible by May 2013 then the scores for those progeny will be deleted from.all records. So clearly not a caseof one rule for one and one for another, and it willbe interesting to see what happans to the two stallio.s you mention.

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
So day one has been and gone, with some cracking foals, and some not such good results.

Very good results indeed and my congratulations go to all of them.

is a prooved impartiaity with a certain member of SHB(GB) presenting his "perfect" foal, to only get second premium, and third lowest foal score of the day. just goes to show that names in the futurity really dont matter.

From what I have heard this brought a smile to many peoples faces. ;o)

Mugsgame

Visit site
Some very good results, well done to all those involved!

Ciss - does this mean that progeny by ungraded stallions entered in 2011, 2010, 2009, etc will also have their records wiped from the system in 2013 if the sire has not been graded? It doesn't apply to mine so I haven't read the rules word for word, just curious (and probably mistaken!!) :D

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I think a lot has been said on previous posts re the Futurity and Ungraded stallions.
What I would say re premiums, if you go to view two four year old horses, one with a HP but no competition results otherwise, and another near identical one with 6 wins at BD on it's record but by an ungraded stallion how much notice would you take of the Futurity result? ...
I tend to think you will go with whatever is wonderful to ride and moves well regardless of results....................!

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
If you read the rules carefully you will see that for 2012 only progeny of inéligible stallions are lowed to enter but if those stallions have not become graded / eligible by May 2013 then the scores for those progeny will be deleted from.all records.

So you could have a breeder/owner enter their progeny, pay the entry fees, travelling costs etc and get their premium.......to be told a year down the line that it has all been for nothing if a particular stallion owner decides not to grade a stallion.... Therefore ultimately the breeder can be the loser being out of pocket and with no premium to show for their work and costs. I cant see how this can be seen as a fair system when the breeder/owner has no influence over whether the stallion grades or not? Maybe I am missing the point to all this.

elijahasgal

Visit site
Well with another Elite by an ungraded stallion, guess it prooves that grading isnt everything. When I make that comment it doesnt mean that I am ANTI grading, just that I am anti it being the be and end all of breeding. KWPN register youngstock by ungraded stallions, and as long as you breed the fillies back to a graded stallion, you get full registration. And they are one of the top studbooks. And they allow you to show the youngstock in their breed shows. maybe we should take a leaf out of their book