Gah! Houston BE

Nic

Visit site
Flaming horses!

I got a lesson on just how good & how bad mine can be in the same dayat Houston PN.

Dressage he was very sluggish & I was seriously having to kick him which is totally unheard of -normally I'm clinging on for dear life.

Anyway produced an ok test i thought, then watched it back on the video & was actually quite pleased. We got a score of 36.2, which I was thrilled with, thisis the same horse, who last month, was getting 47's at Intro
blush.gif

Onto the SJ (4.5 hours later
smirk.gif
)

Warming up Iwas really having to kick again which made me a little uneasy as he normally flies at them, anyway he popped them ok if a little flat.

So into the ring run out at 4a
confused.gif
refusal at 6 and refusal at 8
confused.gif
confused.gif

And there endeth my day
frown.gif
mad.gif

Decided he was too lethargic so didn't beg to be allowed XC

Flaming horses!
smirk.gif

Ah well 3rd time lucky, roll on Gleneagles
smirk.gif

Malibu

Visit site
oh no NIC! poor you, you dont seem to be having much luck, is he ok as you said he was rather slow?! What was the ground like? Gleneagles sj is rather low and simple! Well at least your dressage has imporved alot! well done and like you said "roll on Gleneagles!"

well done

madgirl

Visit site
well done in dressage/!!!! bad luck about show jumping maybe it was due to hard ground???
o well good luck at your next event!!

Nic

Visit site
Thanks hun,

He seems ok just very lethargic, he is just on leisure mix at the moment with alfa A & oil, think it might be time to give him something more like comp mix.

We have had the good dressage, SJ & xc now just to get it all on 1 day!
tongue.gif

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Give him a break for a bit and let him chill out. I'm sure he'll come bouncing back in time for Blair! Sounds like he was a bit like my D was last week at Hendersyde.

I had a few friends that withdrew from Houston for the same reasons as me - horse getting a bit fed up trailing off to comp every weekend. And I also had a couple of friends who didn't withdraw and they were all eliminated xc!

My D's had a week of relaxing, gentle hacks and has just had a massage! He's looking and feeling so much better already and he's still got another week of his hols to go.

Don't worry about it. Just take stock, relax and look forward to Blair.

Bess

Visit site
A friend of mine was eliminated xc, same section as you (Nic) I haven't heard the reason yet. Hope Gleneagles goes well.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
well done about the dressage bit and hard luck about the sj, yours isn't the only one who is bit lethargic then, as mine was too today so we are having an easy week of just hacking

Nic

Visit site
Thanks guys.

He will just be hacking before Blair now & getting the vet out to give him an MOT just in case, tack & teeth have been done.

Hopefully he will be back to normal for Blair
smile.gif

I'm not giving up yet I've managed to get him to do a better dressage test than anyone thought possible(including me!) so just a case of gtting it to come together now
grin.gif