Gaiters

helenandshadow

Visit site
Well my lovely Ariat boots have big holes in them after 18 months of wear and tear and not being looked after
blush.gif
so I'm replacing them, and I need to get some new gaiters soon-ish because my (£25!!) ones have dodgy zips and are a bit tight.
I'm not sure whether to get Ariat 'Crowne Pro' gaiters or Tredstep (is there much difference between the 'Galway' and the 'Pro' gaiters other than £20?) so I thought I'd ask your opinions before I spend £70-90!!!!
crazy.gif

Or should i get long leather boots?

kerrylou123

Visit site
I have long leather boots (cant remember the make but were expensive enough) and boots and gaiters, and i prefer wearing my boots and gaiters! I have ariat boots, with tredstep gaiters, but i wanted ariat gaiters to match, but they didnt flatter the shape of my lower leg. I think you have to try them all on to see which are more comfortable and the best fit! I must have spent about 2 hours trying mine on!

helenandshadow

Visit site
Thanks for your reply!
smile.gif
I will probably get short boots and gaiters then because I find mine very comfy to ride in and if I got long boots I'd still have to get some joddy boots to wear down the yard, which could work out expensive!! I might try and find somewhere that stocks both Ariat & Tredstep so I can go and try them on.

SpaceMolly

Visit site
Ariat close contact chaps! They are more like gaiters and I prefer these to my crowne pro's. For comps I have english gaiter company gaiters I love them they are a really nice fit and not too expensive!
smile.gif