Gallop Equestrian Leather?

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site

niagaraduval

Visit site
I got one off ebay when I first bought the crazy one, it didn't have a brand but I'm pretty sure it might have been a gallop one as it was very very cheap. IF it was a gallop one I used it several times a week for 2 years and it was good. I would get another cheap one in the futur, I use breastplates now though.

I bought a gallop headcollar and rope set though as a present and TBH it was really **** quality and I think the girl knew it was a really cheap one, it was just all thin and floppy.

Last edited:

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
see im not looking for it too look amazing but i want to obvious want to for a hack/jumping and XC and don't want it too break causing problems/accidents so i think ill opp for something else
thanks x

niagaraduval

Visit site
I think it will be fine for what you want it for. I wouldn't listen to others that wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, not everyone can afford expensive tack especially if it is just for riding at home. Any leather will last a long time if you care for it properly. They made it for a purpose and it will serve that purpose.

I would have no problem purchasing it. :)

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
I think it will be fine for what you want it for. I wouldn't listen to others that wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, not everyone can afford expensive tack especially if it is just for riding at home. Any leather will last a long time if you care for it properly. They made it for a purpose and it will serve that purpose.

I would have no problem purchasing it. :)

I mean im willing to pay more money to get something a tad more pricey if this is utter pants but i thought it would be silly paying lots of something used a few times a week at maxuim if that :rolleyes:

I see what you mean though, i suppose if it breaks its hasnt broke the bank :p

niagaraduval

Visit site
Personally I don't see how it could break either if you grease it regularly as there should'nt be any strain on it. It shouldn't be tight on the horse at all.

For what you want it for I would buy it, no shame in buying something cheap. If you want to do competitions etc. I would probably get a more expensive one for that purpose though. The cheap one will do fine for hacking and schooling.

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
Personally I don't see how it could break either if you grease it regularly as there should'nt be any strain on it. It shouldn't be tight on the horse at all.

For what you want it for I would buy it, no shame in buying something cheap. If you want to do competitions etc. I would probably get a more expensive one for that purpose though. The cheap one will do fine for hacking and schooling.

Thank you :)
Yeah that was the plan get something cheap for when ever i jump/hack and something decent for competing :) x