AppleBon12

Visit site
Hi All
So we have a family farm with 4 block built garage (currently not used) and each one internally measures 8x10.
To small for standard pony or horse but we are looking at rehoming to gorgeous little Shetland ponies one is 38” and the other is a bit smaller. They are already on a slight gradient for drainage (winning)
We will need to replace the roof of the two we use and remove the garage doors to replace with stable fronts. they are south facing.
My thoughts were block a section up and then fit a low stable door for our new fluffy beasts. Or my partners talking about putting a wooden front on.
Has anyone done something similar? What materials did you use and what’s best for roof?

Second question I was recently at a yard that had an indoor “spin” area, kind of used for indoor turnout in bad weather to stretch their legs and occasionally light lunging. It had no real foundation and was a combination of sand, fibre and basically broken down dry muck. Sound awful but it was blooming brilliant it bad weather. Boarded round the edge and literally metal construction type gates on the open side.
We have an open side/lean to type on the big barn where I’m planning on storing bedding and hay but could section off a 20x20 ish area for a paddock/turnout. The one at my old yard wasn’t used for every day hard work it was just occasional, anyone had any experience of this and the best place to get a sort of surface for it?