garlic...it's good for everything isn't it?

rrose

Visit site
i would say powder, but the problem is it can go everywhere
grin.gif

Marilyn

Visit site
I don't mind it going everywhere. My youngster had swollen glands and the vet suggested garlic and after three days (which is today) they are looking a lot better. As it's such cheap stuff (specially compared to a vet bill!) I thought i should put both of mine on it

Marilyn

Visit site
we were told a double dose for a couple of days so that's what he's had...will drop down to reccommended does from today

ruscara

Visit site
There is some controversy and ongoing research into the use of garlic. I used to feed it routinely, but tbh I didn't notice that it made a lot of difference to my boy in any way, and now I will wait and see what is said. This article may be of interest.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Id say neither - Baileys garlic is lovely stuff, it not a powder but its not granules. Hard to explain but it smells really nice and keeps better than powder (which gets sticky if damp etc.). It also lasts ages and isnt expensive. I only feed garlic through the summer or if the horses have a cough or something. I dont keep them on it all year round as Ive read its good to give them a break from it.

Faithkat

Visit site
I used to feed it routinely too but, like you, I can't say I've seen any difference since I stopped and it never appeared to repel flies as is alleged. When I ran out of it I decided to save my money and not bother again.

hussar

Visit site
Garlic - maybe not as good as we thought?
#1163231 - 04/07/2006

Have a look at my thread in Stable Yard, 4 July (sorry - don't know how to do a link but title as above) which highlights an article casting a bit of doubt on garlic.

Chumsmum

Visit site
I ran out of garlic earlier on in the summer and Chum had a cough about a week later which stopped when I started giving it to him again though it could have just been a coincedence but I really think the garlic helped. After reading that article I will be giving him a break from it - he is on box rest for another 2 weeks so will stop it when he is allowed out again.