Gastro Enteritis

catembi

Visit site
Has anyone had a horse with enteritis? Mine is currently being treated for it via Newmarket, still got diarrhoea, extremely thin, patchy appetite, etc. I've googled & googled but can't find any indication of whether it's likely he'll ever go back to affil dr / bsja. I realise that no-one could say for *sure* (vet won't say), but I'm going out of my mind & need to know, *broadly speaking*, whether he's going to be competing again one day / be on & off the sick list for the rest of his life / probably going to get worse... Can't find even the most general info... :-(

brightmount

Visit site
If your issues are unresolved after your horse has finished his conventional treatment with the vet/Newmarket, I would be inclined to phone the veterinary advice helpline run by Global Herbs (01243 773363).

They have a wide range of products for digestion and they usually recommend a broad spectrum supplement to support specific treatments. I found I got very knowledgeable advice when I phoned them a little while ago.

parsley

Visit site
no help at all but you have my sympathy - mine have got bad diorreah at the moment and its hideous
confused.gif

catembi

Visit site
Tried phoning global herbs & got some diarr-eze, but he doesn't like it. Need 6 scoops a day to do any good & that's a lot to mix with liquid & syringe into him... He's very off his food again. Going back to Newmarket on 2nd Jan for a checkup & if there's no improvement, then...don't want to think about it really, but we can't carry on like this. :-(