gatcombe

madgirl

Visit site
interesting results after show juming tamarillo got 18 faults very unlike him!!!
wfp isnt having a fab time in the open all his horses show jumped badley moon man got 16 faults and ballicoola 12!!!

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
What on earth was going on in the Open Champs? Only 7 completed and so many withdrawals. Understand regarding team horses but all the others?! Glad I didn't go as from a spectators point of view that would have been might disappointing.

madgirl

Visit site
i thgink there maybe more to go!!! not sure thou!!!
dunno why they are all withdrawing the ground is rli hard and i guess many will be saving there horses for burghly!!!

tigers_eye

Visit site
On the other hand he did win both the Novice and the Intermediate championships, he can't be too down. Nick Gauntlett's had a good weekend, and big congrats to Jade Lazenby in the Intermediate champs.

I know all were prepared for large withdrawels, but I think there will be rumblings about the 7 cross country runners. I would have thought Jeanette would have had a bash on Over To You.....

teapot

Visit site
Def more to go as Daisy Dick isn't on there.

She was quoted in the paper the other day that she might even go XC. She'd been told she could go out and jump a couple then retire, but she wanted to go out and give it a crack

MissDeMeena

Visit site
just looked, and she wasn't in the Int. Champs ?
crazy.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
ok, i must be looking at the wrong thing.. as Louisa Lockwood and The Diva came 6th ??
I'm looking on the BE site? where are you looking
what does it say she came 6th on? Ramiros Secret?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
What happened to Irish Jester in the Intermediate? There was also a lot of SJ faults in the Open. Must have been a tough course.

elliebean

Visit site
I was at Gatcombe today and was 2 fences away from where it happened. From what I heard it caught the front of the fence (a hayrack) in front and tipped over. Devastating news and my thoughts go out to rider and connections.

RE Open SJ course-there was an extremely nasty set of planks on a very dodgy distance which came down an awful lot. Other than that, not a particularly difficult course but VERY flat cups. Not wishing to cause yet more Pippa Funnell controvery, but I remember a post a while back about her SJ leg position. Noticed it again today but when shes actually jumping she still looks in balance and secure despite the seemingly long stirrups.

All in all a very enjoyable day, even though the person I was rooting for fell in the water
mad.gif
. Anyone around us at that point would have seen the air turn blue! Then, when in 4th place had problems on his next horse. Highly irritating.
smirk.gif

beckymed

Visit site
i heard that it was even worse than that as the horse had cleared the fence but it had jumped it really big so pecked on landing because of the rising ground (didnt even hit the fence and jumped it well) and fell badly on its kneck therefore breaking it.

alfirules

Visit site
i was at gatcombe yday and didnt kno anything about the fall until i read it in the paper today. but the open did start and after about 4 horses went it was quiet for nearly 30 mins until the next horse went! the commentator said nothing about ny falls.. jus nattering on about the sponsors! but im guessing that was when the fall happened, maybe the commentator didnt say cos he was told the horse was in a bad way and didnt want people crowding round?! anyone know which jump it was? (jump number?)

KatB

Visit site
It was tough for all the Champs, i was grooming for horses in the Novice and inter champs, and the Xc for both asked alot of questions! I think alot of horses were victims of the atmosphere in the SJ, it all feels very "close" in the main arena!! Very fair track, but all related so didn't allow for any mistakes! A shame not many completed Xc though..