Gatehouse hat

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I currently ride in a Gatehouse RXC1 hat. Having fallen off in it and dropped it onto concrete a couple of times I should buy a new one. Does anyone know if standards are due to be changed or upgraded soon? I would like the same again but am having difficulty finding one and wondered if there is something afoot either standards wise or with Gatehouse themselves? The shop I went to weren’t aware of anything and were going to try and get one in stock for me but I’ve not heard anything. I really don’t want to spend £165 assuming I can find one and then find out either they are no longer up to standards for competing or something new and better has come along.

Shay

Visit site
The RXCI is SNELL marked which is the highest standard available so it won;t be outdated. The only thing I wonder about is if Gatehouse are either upgrading that design (Its been around in this format for a while) or a contemplating introducing a helmet with MIPS. There is some debate about the effectiveness of MIPS and so far as I know no testing to suggest that it might be adopted as acompetition stanard in the near future. I would say you should be safe.

If you like it and it fits I would just go with it. But do google around because I found it for between £75 and £115 depending on size. So if you are paying £165 that seems a bit over the top.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Do try them again, I had 2 x consecutive RXC1 hats, went to replace in June last year after a big bash and no way did the new ones fit the same as the 2 previous ones. Even trying 3 of identical sizes and larger, v baffling. Mind you, I dont fit any of the other Gatehouse range and never have done. Tried them recently and still slightly different shape.
Ended up with a CO pro 2 instead!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
^^ I was going to mention the same having had the same issue with the HS1, had 2, then couldn't get the newer version on my head at Burghley 2 years ago and very pleased I hadn't just bought one assuming! I'd ended up really inbetween sizes as they had brought the padding lower.
Did try the RXC1 too and that was definitely not the right shape.

I do have a gatehouse air rider, and a velvet from when they did an offer with the HS1 at badminton but also ended up with a CO proII (in round with padding).