Gawd, lami watch from here on in :-S

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Noticed today my pony has grass glands already:eek: He had an episode of lami last May after our fields were fertilised, so I am SO happy that his is being left alone this year!
He's been on a diet lately, and has lost alot of weight already, aswell as being in more work, so I'm hoping with careful management, that we'll be able to avoid the dreaded 'L' word this time round.

How many of you are on lami watch?

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
Yep!
Lami prone girl just been diagnosed with Cushings.
She was always treated as a laminitic very strictly but had a seizure so we think it was stress lami last year.
She'll deff not be going out unmuzzled...
K x

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Aw, bless her. That's another thing I need, a muzzle for Naughty Pony! His paddock is practically bare, but he's already beginning to ignore his hay in favour of the grass that's starting to come through:(

dilbert

Visit site
Frankie's been coming in to be stabled during the day for the last 2 weeks, he's muzzled the rest of the time. It's a constant worry at the moment, hopefully one day I'll find the best management regime!!

Puppy

Visit site
Yes to an extent. Star has cushings and Be is a fatty, so although neither of them have had lami *touch wood* I am constantly on guard.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Yes to an extent. Star has cushings and Be is a fatty, so although neither of them have had lami *touch wood* I am constantly on guard.

I've swapped Lukey from alfa a lite onto Spillers Cool Fibre, a)because it was suggested that the alfa a could be contributing to his naughtiness, and b) because he needed to lose alot of weight.
Hopefully you'll be able to avoid lami with both your girls Puppy. Is Be back in work now or is she still on the sick list?

Puppy

Visit site
I've swapped Lukey from alfa a lite onto Spillers Cool Fibre, a)because it was suggested that the alfa a could be contributing to his naughtiness, and b) because he needed to lose alot of weight.
Hopefully you'll be able to avoid lami with both your girls Puppy. Is Be back in work now or is she still on the sick list?

I feed Be dengie good doer, but only 300gm per day, with Bailey's lo cal. She won't be coming back into work SD :( she is broken for good :( But we hope this year we shall be successful in getting her preggers and that we will be able to look forward to a mini Beans :)

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
I feed Be dengie good doer, but only 300gm per day, with Bailey's lo cal. She won't be coming back into work SD :( she is broken for good :( But we hope this year we shall be successful in getting her preggers and that we will be able to look forward to a mini Beans :)

Puppy, I'm sorry, I didn't realise:(
I'll send 'get preggers' vibes instead:D