GDPR & DEFRA

sywell

Visit site
Another gem from DEFRA. I asked why the UELN is not shown on the chip checker on the Central Equine Database I was told it was because of the GDPR. I am confused as the GDPR is about peoples personal data and the UELN is the horses number and they said it is to prevent fraud. I have how the UELN would assist fraud as yet no response. As 611000 horse have no chip you will not get much help from the CED which will not let you look up a horse from its number which is shown on the FEI website and many commercial websites. They are no doubt giving Ministers advice on Brexit no wonder its such a mess.

jofwigby

Visit site
Another gem from DEFRA. I asked why the UELN is not shown on the chip checker on the Central Equine Database I was told it was because of the GDPR. I am confused as the GDPR is about peoples personal data and the UELN is the horses number and they said it is to prevent fraud. I have how the UELN would assist fraud as yet no response. As 611000 horse have no chip you will not get much help from the CED which will not let you look up a horse from its number which is shown on the FEI website and many commercial websites. They are no doubt giving Ministers advice on Brexit no wonder its such a mess.

I asked this too and did not get a satisfactory response. I think that the Chip No. & UELN is visible on the end of the CED that the public don't have access to but the Authorities do, Food Standards and those Trading Standards who have applied to use. If you had access to both numbers it could increase the chance of fraud ? maybe

sywell

Visit site
The French say the passport is a primary source of information but the database is the overidding information. If the CED is secure fraud is not possible without the cooperation of the PIO. As so many horses are not chipped you can only identify a horse by its UELN as most horse are not chipped.