Gel pad - which one

kerilli

Visit site
neither, sorry. Prolite all the way.
fwiw i was told by a top Master saddler (does all the GB Event team horses) that Prolite came out best of all in Pliance Pressure Testing. i have about 5 diff gel pads gathering dust somewhere, and only use Prolite now...

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I've got Heather Moffett backsaver pads. I love them. Will be gutted to hear they're rubbish (if they are)
smile.gif

JaneyB

Visit site
Ok thanks all.

With the prolite's, can you put them between numnah and saddle or should they go directly between the horses back and saddle?

kerilli

Visit site
JaneyB, prolite goes between numnah and saddle. they do a newish one which has thinnish prolite, and 4 additional thin pieces of prolite to slot into the saddlepad at front, or back, or both, if required, so can be used to balance up a saddle, or thick, or thin. really well designed, don't ever slip, and v comfy for horse.

JaneyB

Visit site
Yeah I did see the thinner one on their website, i'm wondering if this would provide adequate shock absorption in the way their other pads do?

KatB

Visit site
I will go against the grain, I love prolite stuff, BUT cant use one under my close contact saddle as they fill the gap in the gullet too much
frown.gif
Therefore gel pads are great as they dont fill the gap so to speak, but give a shock absorbing layer without changing the fit of the saddle
smile.gif
The Horsehealth wessex ones are great, and lighter than some of the old ones
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
have to say have just looked at the links, and the aerborn one is better for shock absorbing, the other is too thin to help with that tbh.
frown.gif

nurselainee

Visit site
I use an armadillo for my old boy, they are fab,its is not too thick, it never moves and the saddle fits snuggly in it. Apparantly, eventers like them x