Genius or Weirdo?

blitznbobs

Visit site
Or quite possibly both.

My husband thinks im nuts … i think ive discovered the best thing ever.

So over Christmas i was a bit poorly — not hospital poorly or lying in bed poorly but miserable watching boxsets and eating rubbish and whinging poorly. So one day i didn’t get dressed to muck out. Now in my defence i keep my horses at home so no one watched me and when i say i didnt get dressed i was actually wearing a rather fetching grey furry onesie… Well I had never been so warm (actually hot in a temperature way but my husband assures me not in the attractive way) at this time of year mucking out ever. Now we all know Christmas was very mild and may explain my lack of freezy coldness. But i had formed a plan. I invested in a set of waterproofs (12.99 from amazon) and it being bitterly cold today set off to do the yard jobs in my aforementioned onesie and the waterproofs over the top. It is a revelation i was comfortable, not cold and fully dry — it is an outfit that fits over riding clothes and i think should be recommended to all horse doing people who have no intention of attracting a mate whilst mucking out and who like to be warm and toasty.

You’re welcome!

My husband now has his head in his hands as he seems to think i wont get out of my onesie til about May — hes probably correct.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
If I'm not riding I put waterproofs or jogging bottoms over my fleece pyjamas to turn out & do morning yard jobs.

I found a onesie a bit of a PITA when I needed a quick wee in the stable ?

ETA: Thinking about this, I've ridden in a onesie a few times to be fair and still found a mate, so fleece PJs/onesie are a winning combination all round really ... ?

twiggy2

Visit site
My other half has a union suit, well more accurately a selection, the latest one is made of wool and I am assured is very warm indeed, I have one (a gift) I do not wear it, i have a padded waterproof boiler suit instead, at least when we pop in for coffee and I take my outer layer off j look human.
I almost always wear waterproofs over the top of my clothes as I do get sick of the stink of sheep sometimes.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Not that I wish to put ideas in anyone's head, but there is a onesie called One Piece, which has a hatch zip for wee wee and poo poo times.

You're welcome.

I have a Charlie McLeod onesie to put on after swimming outdoors. I normally stay in it until bed time (it's too warm for in bed!).

little_critter

Visit site
You need an insulated tractor suit. Just like a furry onesie and waterproofs, all in one. I live in mine from November to March every year!
My OH used to have an army surplus tank suit which was a onesie (before onesies were invented) but in camo green and fleece lined. I believe it also had a useful carry handle for hoiking injured soldiers out of tanks.

Starzaan

Visit site
Or quite possibly both.

My husband thinks im nuts … i think ive discovered the best thing ever.

So over Christmas i was a bit poorly — not hospital poorly or lying in bed poorly but miserable watching boxsets and eating rubbish and whinging poorly. So one day i didn’t get dressed to muck out. Now in my defence i keep my horses at home so no one watched me and when i say i didnt get dressed i was actually wearing a rather fetching grey furry onesie… Well I had never been so warm (actually hot in a temperature way but my husband assures me not in the attractive way) at this time of year mucking out ever. Now we all know Christmas was very mild and may explain my lack of freezy coldness. But i had formed a plan. I invested in a set of waterproofs (12.99 from amazon) and it being bitterly cold today set off to do the yard jobs in my aforementioned onesie and the waterproofs over the top. It is a revelation i was comfortable, not cold and fully dry — it is an outfit that fits over riding clothes and i think should be recommended to all horse doing people who have no intention of attracting a mate whilst mucking out and who like to be warm and toasty.

You’re welcome!

My husband now has his head in his hands as he seems to think i wont get out of my onesie til about May — hes probably correct.
Welcome to the biggest joy of having your horses at home. My favourite is my cow onesie, complete with udders ??

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I want an insulated tractor suit but they are all in men's sizes that I've seen and I'm too dumpy to fit in one properly.

CMcC

Visit site
Genius or weirdo? Definitely genius. I frequently muck out and other chores in my pj’s. But a onesie takes it to the next level.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Ponies are "at home" but at the other end of the village, from about October to April I live in waterproof trousers and jacket with a variety of clothing underneath. Only thing they don't work with is a dressing gown!

PurBee

Visit site
I have onesie aspirations having read this thread ??
Todays hail and sub-freezing temps puts it to the top priority list!

palo1

Visit site
Last edited:

palo1

Visit site

StarcatcherWilliam

Visit site
I often wear my onesie to do my horses (also kept at home). In fact tonight I wore my zebra print onesie, then boiler suit finished with coat over the top. Not to mention balaclava and hat as it’s perishing freezing out there ? Not going to win any fashion awards but I was nice and cosy.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site

Squeak

Visit site
I got given a dry robe and it is WONDERFUL. Your eyes, nose and wellies stick out and that is it everything else is sooo warm and dry.

Equi

Visit site
I do that regularly and I have one on livery ?

as long as I’m not naked no one can be offended

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Does anyone know what the Dickies sizes are like? ?
It wouldn't be to wear over a onesie but a great suggestion of something warm to wear to the yard!