Gentle hugs and vibes for Sarah - jane and Sarnie

dingle12

Visit site
Hope your both ok, just seen on twitter they both took a bad fall today and are travelling home. Hope its nothing too bad and your back on the road soon xxxxxx

this is her tweet

Sad to say we had a bad fall in the CIC*** at Houghton. Both shaken and sore Sarnie particularly travelling home now but bad journey for her

Ginn

Visit site
Teapot - from her FB updates both are OK but very sore and shaken (understandably!), particularly poor Sarnie :( Hopefully they should just about be arriving home and able to get some rest.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Thanks guys much appreciated. We actually fell yesterday in the CIC*** although returned home today. She caught the back of wide dray causing her to fall head first into the ground. We are both very shaken and sore. She was placed a drip last night for shock and given intravenous pain killers. We have just got home and although walking ok she is clearly uncomfortable and refusing all food, drink and even carrots! She is getting plenty of TLC and we are in regular contact with the vet. The good news is he is confident there are no ribs broken or other major damage the most noticable injury is a huge hematoma on her chest where she studded herself :(

Will do a full report on the Houghton adventure and a few sad conclusions in a few days there may even be some horific pictures by then as the Eventing World Wide photographer got the fall sequence. For now though my priority is looking after Sarnie. I will continue to put updates on her health on my Facebook page link below.

SpottedCat

Visit site
I really hope she is feeling better soon. When the grumpy bay one got kicked in the head before Xmas he too refused all food for a couple of days (unheard of) and had us all convinced (vet included) that his jaw was fractured - but I think he was just super-sore and once he felt a bit better, he rapidly improved, so I really hope the same is true for Sarnie.

JEP

Visit site
Delighted that you're all home. It's been any endless day for me, goodness knows what is been like for you. I know you'll pamper Sarnie but lots of TLC for you and Mum as well.

StrawberryFish

Visit site
Oh crumbs, how scary!
Glad neither of you are seriously injured and hope Sarnie's recovery is a quick one and she's munching carrots again soon xxx

Ginn

Visit site
So glad you are home as I'm sure you and Sarnie are too. While there is no doubt that Sarnie will receive the utmost TLC make sure you take care of yourself too. Sending very gentle hugs from up here and wishing you both a speedy recovery. xx

Thistle

Visit site
Pleased to hear you are safely home, I have been thinking of you all today, making the journey in the wind.

Lots of get well soon vibes for Sarnie and gentle hugs for you xxx

AnShanDan

Visit site
Sorry to hear what happened.
I hope to hear your mare is improving very soon and you are both feeling more like yourselves in no time.

Hornby

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your accident. I know you think the world of her so hope she (and you) are feeling better soon. Thinking of you.

Rosiefan

Visit site
More get well vibes from me too for both of you and hugs to your poor Mum who must have been very frightened when she realised what had happened. I expect you're all still in shock so take it easy for as long as it takes. x