Geoff the Magic Dragon is obviously famous!!

khalswitz

Visit site
All has been quiet here at Khalswitz HQ. Geoff has stayed sound after our three week panic attack, which is great, but he has turned into a snorting, flying creature of destruction the minute I sit on him. After two weeks of escalating spooking, skidding to a halt, going backwards and rearing (all very unlike him), I got minority cross, and gave up our quiet walking out for making Geoff properly trot on, doing some SI/LY/ neck flexion stuff. Seems to be settling now, so starting to think he was maybe just bored... Crazy animal.

We have also made the decision to move to the event yard I'm working at. We've got a months notice at our current yard before we head off, and Geoff starts hacking in company for the first time in over a year... Could be fun! But very much looking forward to it. Will really be aiming to properly event next season now!!

We have our first lesson booked for next week, with the aim of getting him back to dressage worthy at the start of the summer qualifying period (determined to get to regionals after we missed the Petplans this month thanks to G's lameness!) HOWEVER, I do have a few Qs I wouldn't mind answers for whilst in planning. So, I know you can compete at two levels at Petplans (prelim and novice R it would be for us, unless Geoff magically steps up to Elem this year!) - can you do the same at regionals? I know you have to compete a level higher at Petplans, so trying to work out whether it's worth getting a qual at prelim just in case he doesn't step up to Elem in time for next year's Petplans, or whether to just go for the Novice rather than wasting precious horse dancing time...

In other news, Geoff was 'recognised' this week! There is a new livery, who came up to me yesterday and said that Her friend had recognised Geoff instantly in the field from HHO! So hi, if you're reading - made my day! Reminds you that real people do actually read these inane ramblings of mine...

Weird scones on offer - added too much milk, so had to put then in cake casings, and now they taste like fruit scone and cupcake lovechildren.

khalswitz

Visit site
Oh, and some photos to make life more interesting:

Excited ears (and a horrible long mane I'm thinking of hogging off):
6219E984-65AD-48DD-B99C-0A952CEA419E.jpg

Geoff and I all MATCHY :)

7233DC2F-64C9-4CBE-98FF-82ADD412BE61.jpg

14388352-91CD-4F85-B2D0-EFB688C4F738_1.jpg

Geoff on box rest, looking surprisingly chilled
1CB3BD9A-5EEC-47C5-9D06-0F66217D21E1.jpg

ALSO some exciting news... Turns out Geoff and I have been nominated for our RC's Senior Achiever Award for this year!! We find out who won at the end of next month... But so, so chuffed to have been nominated at all tbh :) glad to know other people have spotted how much he has come on!!

j1ffy

Visit site
Well done on the nomination! Reading your reports, this year does seem to have been a turning point for the two of you :) Looking forward to lots of reports from the new yard!

blood_magik

Visit site
someone's obviously feeling good then :biggrin3:
Good luck with the yard move (eek! exciting!) and fingers x-ed for the achiever's award.
Can't wait to read all of the reports. x

khalswitz

Visit site
Well done on the nomination! Reading your reports, this year does seem to have been a turning point for the two of you :) Looking forward to lots of reports from the new yard!

It defo has been a turning point - this time last year I was considering selling him, and everything just seemed to turn around. Huge thanks to everyone on this forum for supporting me - it's paying off!!!

Well done on the nomination and good luck with the move, look forward to reading your road to eventing :)

Thank you :) I can't wait to finally get out eventing! This winter is XC training time... We now have access to ditches, water, drops, walls, brush... :) spook busting for Geoff!

someone's obviously feeling good then :biggrin3:
Good luck with the yard move (eek! exciting!) and fingers x-ed for the achiever's award.
Can't wait to read all of the reports. x

Too good! Lol. Very nervous, but excited. Hope it works out!! Will keep you updated ;)

And thanks all for the congrats, I'm well chuffed :) x

Chirmapops

Visit site
Yep, you can do two levels at regionals - prelim and novice restricted is fine, but if you do step up to elementary you can't do two *restricted* levels (there's no restricted at prelim), so you'd have to do elem restricted and novice open. Have fun at your new yard!

khalswitz

Visit site
You better! :biggrin3:
You'll be grand, mrs. Just remember how far you've come.

Glad the spooking is improving. Good luck in your new yard.

So am I - I had my heart in my mouth the day after the hurricane when we met blown down fencing! Saw my life flashing before my eyes... And thank you!!

Yep, you can do two levels at regionals - prelim and novice restricted is fine, but if you do step up to elementary you can't do two *restricted* levels (there's no restricted at prelim), so you'd have to do elem restricted and novice open. Have fun at your new yard!

Excellent. I was hoping so but the rulebook baffles me! So if I did prelim and Nov R regionals, I could do Elem restricted Petplans? In theory? (In an ideal world too...) And if he doesn't get to elem we can do prelim regionals and Nov r Petplans?

I fear the weirdo stalker is me *waves*

HI!!!!!!! You made my day! I felt really famous :) he looks rather more dirty and hairy in real life than in photos, huh? ;)

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
He's rather adorable in real life :) I always find it slightly weird noticing people/horses from here and whether or not to say hello. I love reading the competition reports even if I don't comment as I am horseless and need to live vicariously :p

khalswitz

Visit site
He's rather adorable in real life :) I always find it slightly weird noticing people/horses from here and whether or not to say hello. I love reading the competition reports even if I don't comment as I am horseless and need to live vicariously :p

Well do say hi if you see me!! I am terrible at noticing anything (can't find my glasses on the end of my nose!) so never spot anybody but I love being spoken to! :) (and Geoff just loves any form of attention, especially the edible kind).

Again going great guns!

We really need to have an Aberdeenshire HHO hack sometime!

YES we do!! You should see the hacking where Geoff is moving if you haven't already - up at Pitfichie forest west of Monymusk, it is ACE. And very hilly. So you endurancers would love it ;)

spookypony

Visit site
I've been up at Pitfichie, it really is ace! If you want to go hacking sometime, just say so! Time the pony got out and about again; he's had 2 months' holidays! :D