Get Hamlet home. Horse sanctuary being underhand?

fairyclare

Visit site
Please have a look (Facebook link, I hope it works!) this has happened on a yard less than half a mile from me and is not the first time I have heard of it from this particular sanctuary.

https://www.facebook.com/Get-Hamlet-home-163753890628236/timeline/

Ordinarily I am a supporter of local charities, especially animal charities. However, if what is posted in this page is the whole truth, I find it very hard to see how the horse sanctuary have justified removing this horse without the adopted horsey family even knowing, and on the say so of a non horsey yard manager.

See what you all think - I do not know the parties involved and first became aware of it when a post appeared on a page I am admin on for my area.

fairyclare

Visit site
Yes I have read them, as I said I am not on the yard and neither do I know the parties involved.

It is common knowledge that the new yard manager is trying to clear the yard of a lot of liveries to make way for storage, all seems very strange to me. The sanctuary have been appealing for people to do winter fostering of the rescue horses, this horse has been in his adopted families care for over 10 years - something somewhere is not as it seems!

WelshD

Visit site
I'm not sure what they think they will achieve

The horse looks to be owned by the sanctuary and was taken back by them (if I am reading it correctly)

So they want the horse to be returned to the lady after a campaign and have a very uneasy, untrusting relationship thereafter? surely not really a result for either side?

fairyclare

Visit site
Quite WelshD.

I can see the sanctuary digging their heels in and not returning the horse to make a point.
The sanctuary manager/owner (not quite sure exactly what but seems the buck stops with her) is very well known for sticking to her word so I am fairly sure she will do over this too!