Getting a Hacking Jacket made?

kirstyfk

Visit site
This is a really random question which I don't think anyone will be able to answer!

I work in a woolen mill and could get my hands on some lovely tweed at a reasonable price. Would it then be possible to get it made into a hacking jacket? Would this be any cheaper than getting a nice - off the peg - jacket?

dollyrocks02

Visit site
I had my hacking jacket made for me as I am a short-ar@e by Alexander James of Pendlebury - don't know if its anything they would do - using your own tweed - but it would be well worth asking, they were really helpful when they did mine and it does fit beautifully. You can style it how you want to too - velvet collar or not or velvet insert, fox head buttons, one vent or two at the back etc. At the time my made to measure one wasn't that much more expensive than if I'd bought one off the peg and had to have the sleeves shortened elsewhere.
Sorry, don't know if that's helpful or not!
confused.gif

seche

Visit site
I had mine made for my 17 birthday - still got it!! Derby House used to do them - they sent swatches and you choose which tweed you want - its beautful and didnt break the bank for something that will and should last a life time!