getting a sharer, advice needed

tormor

Visit site
After having an accident and still not riding after two months and my jockey letting me down i have thought about getting a sharer. I really have no idea how to go about it. What would be good terms? do i need a written agreement? Do i charge them any money for the upkeep of the horse? any words of advice welcome

tye_bo

Visit site
Hi, I had a sharer who has since gone on to have my girl on full loan. When we shared her, we had our own set days each week and we split the livery cost and the shoes 50/50. I paid for the insurance (still do actually) and any vets bills. I didn't have a written aggreement, purely because the girl I had as a sharer before was useless and the written aggreement we had was no good at all. I decided I wasn't worth doing another one.

Jellicle

Visit site
I am a sharer. I pay half the livery and shoeing costs and ride 3 days a week. We have a written agreement based on something from the BHS website. Part of it was that I got separate rider's insurance to cover me separately from the horse.

tye_bo

Visit site
It was through a friend of one of the girls who had a horse on the yard. In fact so was the first one who was useless. If word of mouth hadn't have got anyone the next step would be to advertise in the local tack shops/riding schools. Failing that it would be an advert in the paper and lots of vetting!!