Getting horse off the forehand when jumping?

ShannonXX

Visit site
My youngster is such an honest jumper, however I find that he lands on the forehand when jumping. I'll insert a video below to show what i'm talking about:)

Has anyone got any suggestions apart from gridwork? I did some the other night and am going to try once a week/fortnight, but is there anything else i can do to lift him up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6Xm1C018M

Thanks!;)

JustKickOn

Visit site
He doesn't look so bad in the video to me. He does look a bi green into them but once he has matured a bit and gained a bit more skill and technique on the approach and over the fences he will improve. He looks like a lovely type. Good luck with him :)

ShannonXX

Visit site
He doesn't look so bad in the video to me. He does look a bi green into them but once he has matured a bit and gained a bit more skill and technique on the approach and over the fences he will improve. He looks like a lovely type. Good luck with him :)

I see what you mean, after watching the video again i realised that he doesnt look too bad, however it feels as though your going over the top of him when he lands :p

Thankyou though!:D

LouS

Visit site
He looks very down hill in general, he really doesn't lift up in front at all over the fences. I would want to work on his canter a lot, lots of canter poles, raised canter poles etc and jumping wise stick to gridwork to develop his canter and technique before you try single fences again. He will hopefully start making a better shape and lifting up in front once he is stronger.

ShannonXX

Visit site
He looks very down hill in general, he really doesn't lift up in front at all over the fences. I would want to work on his canter a lot, lots of canter poles, raised canter poles etc and jumping wise stick to gridwork to develop his canter and technique before you try single fences again. He will hopefully start making a better shape and lifting up in front once he is stronger.

OK, thanks, will try some of these :D